PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Asian N95

ksm
10-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Anyone playing with the Asian N95?? All inputs on this racquet will be appreciated.

THANKS.

ksm

tennisbug
10-25-2007, 04:43 AM
I've been playing one for months now, it's a very good compromise if you can't handle the weight of normal N95. But I personally like the 18x20 string pattern, and they only do 16x18 on asian n95.

10isbum
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
I have a number of the NCode 6.1 models beginning with the regular 11.7 ounce (unstrung weight), Asian 16 X 18 10.9 ounce, and the Asian version of the 18 X 20 called the Team, at 10.2 ounce. Side by side, hard to tell apart, maybe the Team has a deeper red hue. At the upper end of the hoop, on the inside, the Asian have yellow lettering and the regular one has silver.

I started with the regular NCode 6.1 and fully dressed out, weighed anywhere from 12.4 to 12.7 ounces that is with vibration dampner and overgrip. If I was hitting with someone that hit with regular pace, I had no problem but hitting with someone that can generate a good amount of pace, I was always behind the ball swinging late and hitting the ball off to the side of the court. Switching over to either the Team or the 16 X 18, they felt a little light and under powered. By adding some lead tape, I got something in between with a bit more pop but much easier to swing. The regular 6.1 has that plow thru feeling and can generate a bit more pace on the ball. Spin potential seems to be a bit more also with the regular NCode. I've also solved that problem with the newer poly string coming out in 1.10mm and 1.15mm.

By going up on one grip size, cutting down the replacement grip to about 3 to 4 inches, and using a rubber band as a dampner, I was able to get a regular NCode 6.1 down to 12.1 ounce. On a good day, I may take that one out of the bag and play with it but in later sets, may have to switch back over to the Asian.

When I had someone pick up the rackets in Hong Kong, I was told that for warantee repacement, they had to be returned to the Asian market and that Wilson USA could not do anything for me. In fact, when I contacted Wilson USA about problems with replacement grommet/bumper kit for the Team racket, they said they had no solution. When I posted my problem on the board, someone was kind enough to suggest I try the NPS bumper which turned out to be the same racket as the Team except for the cosmetic.

Basically, the trade off for me is that the regular Ncode 6.1 has more power and with the Asian, I keep more balls in play but don't quite have the put away power. With the newer K Factor regular, they seem to be a bigger load for me than the regular NCode. When I made my last purchase for the Asian NCode, the K Factor Asian just was made available but there was a $70 price difference.

ksm
10-26-2007, 07:56 AM
I have a number of the NCode 6.1 models beginning with the regular 11.7 ounce (unstrung weight), Asian 16 X 18 10.9 ounce, and the Asian version of the 18 X 20 called the Team, at 10.2 ounce. Side by side, hard to tell apart, maybe the Team has a deeper red hue. At the upper end of the hoop, on the inside, the Asian have yellow lettering and the regular one has silver.

I started with the regular NCode 6.1 and fully dressed out, weighed anywhere from 12.4 to 12.7 ounces that is with vibration dampner and overgrip. If I was hitting with someone that hit with regular pace, I had no problem but hitting with someone that can generate a good amount of pace, I was always behind the ball swinging late and hitting the ball off to the side of the court. Switching over to either the Team or the 16 X 18, they felt a little light and under powered. By adding some lead tape, I got something in between with a bit more pop but much easier to swing. The regular 6.1 has that plow thru feeling and can generate a bit more pace on the ball. Spin potential seems to be a bit more also with the regular NCode. I've also solved that problem with the newer poly string coming out in 1.10mm and 1.15mm.

By going up on one grip size, cutting down the replacement grip to about 3 to 4 inches, and using a rubber band as a dampner, I was able to get a regular NCode 6.1 down to 12.1 ounce. On a good day, I may take that one out of the bag and play with it but in later sets, may have to switch back over to the Asian.

When I had someone pick up the rackets in Hong Kong, I was told that for warantee repacement, they had to be returned to the Asian market and that Wilson USA could not do anything for me. In fact, when I contacted Wilson USA about problems with replacement grommet/bumper kit for the Team racket, they said they had no solution. When I posted my problem on the board, someone was kind enough to suggest I try the NPS bumper which turned out to be the same racket as the Team except for the cosmetic.

Basically, the trade off for me is that the regular Ncode 6.1 has more power and with the Asian, I keep more balls in play but don't quite have the put away power. With the newer K Factor regular, they seem to be a bigger load for me than the regular NCode. When I made my last purchase for the Asian NCode, the K Factor Asian just was made available but there was a $70 price difference.

Many thanks.