PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive Roddick Plus?

big swedish guy
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I was thinking about getting the pure drive roddick plus w/ luxilon big banger alu power string@59lbs.

I am 6'4 and 165lbs and 15 year old. Im about a 4.0 player and I love to hit top spin forehands. I was hoping this racquet would increase pop on serves. Is this a good racquet to buy?

DanVito
10-25-2007, 04:27 PM
why don't you try it yourself? Everyone is different, I got tennis elbow, messed up my shoulder and my entire arm hurt after I demoed it for about a week and played with it everyday. My arm started hurting after day one but I really wanted to like the racquet so I kept trying. I ended up getting the k95 so ya.

IanRichardson
10-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I played with it for about 8 months. It was during my andy roddick stage so i used it strung at 65 lbs w/ babolat pro hurricane string. I got more pop on my serves with that racquet than with any other ive played with. My ground game was terrible with it though.

It gave me arm problems so i got rid of it. Take it for a demo. With you being a young guy it might not bother your arm much.

gonzo2000
10-25-2007, 06:23 PM
The PDR+ is a great racket. Explosive power with excellent control and spin. I find it comfortable as well. More importantly, It matches my type of game perfectly. Give it a try and see if it complements and elevates yours. With Luxilon, string it first around mid 50's and adjust. Hope this helps.

Midlife crisis
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
My 14 year old, 5'10", 165 pound (so you're six inches taller and the same weight!) son uses the PDR+ and loves it. It's a nice, solid racquet. He uses it with a soft poly string strung in the middle to upper 40's.