PDA

View Full Version : Approximatley how long does 1st class mail take?

300Gkid
10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I ordered a couple sets of string with 1st class mail last sunday and since they dont have any tracking i have no idea when i'll get them. Can someone who has used 1st class before or TW chime in?

by the way i live in Massachusetts

ryohazuki222
10-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I had an unpleasant experience with TW's first class mail:

I placed an order on October 2nd morning and was told the strings would be shipped that day. That it can take two days to two weeks -- but probably two days.

It was not until October 16th that I received my strings. I figured it was fine since it was within the two week time frame (last day) despite the inconvenience -- until I noticed that the stamp on my package was dated October 8th.

So to answer your question:

Shipping to Austin, TX -- October 8th - October 16th. (About average)

Handling?? October 2nd -- October 8th. (Ridiculous)

diredesire
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
last time I checked: USPS goes through another courier, so it has a delay in hitting the mail stream. I've only seen one explanation on this, so I could be mistaken.

Usually, you can expect a 5-7 day ship time, but it CAN take longer.

Stan
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Time will depend on the size of the package. If it is small you can expect 4 - 6 days.

300Gkid
10-27-2007, 11:11 AM
yeah, its just 2 sets of string so it should be here by next wednesday at the latest, (i ordered last sunday)

PROTENNIS63
10-27-2007, 04:09 PM
last time I checked: USPS goes through another courier, so it has a delay in hitting the mail stream. I've only seen one explanation on this, so I could be mistaken.

Usually, you can expect a 5-7 day ship time, but it CAN take longer.

I am not 100% sure, but I think USPS Express Mail is done by FedEx. USPS and FedEx have some kind of deal, plus there are FedEx boxes at the post office.

diredesire
10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I am not 100% sure, but I think USPS Express Mail is done by FedEx. USPS and FedEx have some kind of deal, plus there are FedEx boxes at the post office.

I should have clarified:

I saw a previous post about a user complaining that USPS Priority mail (which is a 2-3 day service) took (approximately) 2+ weeks to be delivered. I believe when TW ships via USPS, it doesn't go directly to the P.O., it takes an elongated route to get there (IIRC, it was picked up via UPS, and dropped off at a later date)