PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Leon22
10-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Is there a reason why my girl friend Wilson W6 strung with Wilson NXT 16, feels noticeably heavier then my APDC strung with PHT17? Both I and her have noticed it. Both rackets were purchased at factory authorized dealers so I doubt that either are fake. But the strung weight of APDC is supposed to be 11.3 ounces and the W6 10.5 ounces. Would the different string size and type account for this noticeable difference in weight?

lilxjohnyy
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
probably cuz its head heavy???? correct me if im wrong

samster
10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
You should weigh the rackets on a scale before you start freaking out. Head heaviness can make it feel heavier.

Alafter
10-25-2007, 08:02 PM
i find that i only start to notice the difference in actual gameplay.

autumn_leaf
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
if it is head heavy that would account for why it feels heavier. given that they are less than an ounce difference the balance would affect the swing weight enough for you to feel that it would be heavier. anyone have a mathematical analysis of this..

just looked it up the stats say APDC has a swingweight of 324 and the W6 is at 327. so that would prolly be why it feels heavier and you also have to account for weight differences on both racquets given the quality control.

hope this helps! =)

Leon22
10-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Alright thanks... I was just worried that one of the rackets might have been a fake, I would have been shocked considering they were both purchased at factory authorized dealers.

KOtennis
10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
go to a pro shop and weigh them.

i dont know the spec for W6, but sounds like its head heavy.

LPShanet
10-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Is there a reason why my girl friend Wilson W6 strung with Wilson NXT 16, feels noticeably heavier then my APDC strung with PHT17? Both I and her have noticed it. Both rackets were purchased at factory authorized dealers so I doubt that either are fake. But the strung weight of APDC is supposed to be 11.3 ounces and the W6 10.5 ounces. Would the different string size and type account for this noticeable difference in weight?

It's VERY unlikely to be because one is a fake. The balance point on the W6 is much further out (about 3cm), so this may affect the perception. Either way, it's not the strings....if anything, the PHT would be slightly heavier, but not likely to affect perception. Also, head size and racquet shape can have an effect on the perception of weight and/or mobility.

Leon22
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah my racket is 5 pts head light and I think the W6 is 0.8 points head heavy... I guess that is the diffeence. In any case I didn't like playing with her racket very much... Probably because I am used to mine and she has gotten used to hers.