PDA

View Full Version : Argghhh the pain

joe1987
10-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Elbow pain with my An90. I can't believe it. I've been using the racket for 3 months and I've had no problems. I think I'll be going back to to my Lm radical mp. But the racket I really want is the i prestige. Anyone can recomment any similar to the i.prestige mp?

Speedygonzalez
10-26-2007, 05:36 AM
i hit with the iprestige mp for several years and i just got a Pro Tour 280. If you can get your hands on one, get it. Forget about the Lm Prestige mp.

ollinger
10-26-2007, 08:10 AM
What can't you believe? Elbow problems most often occur with repetitive trauma, most often months or longer after the trauma starts.

hjminard
10-26-2007, 08:20 AM
You sure you weren't just over-doing it? (Not giving your body enough recovery time between sessions?)

tfm1973
10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
You sure you weren't just over-doing it? (Not giving your body enough recovery time between sessions?)

the sad part of that statement is when i was in my teens and 20's the amount of recovery time between sessions was about 10 minutes. just long enough to eat a twinkie and take a dump. aging sucks. now i know why i see those 70 year old guys on sunday morning playing with huge oversize widebody racquets. :p

tbini87
10-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Elbow pain with my An90. I can't believe it. I've been using the racket for 3 months and I've had no problems. I think I'll be going back to to my Lm radical mp. But the racket I really want is the i prestige. Anyone can recomment any similar to the i.prestige mp?

what type of string setup are you using? that could be a major part of it. same with playing too much. could be others factors that just the stick.

joe1987
10-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm just 20 years old. I haven't had this problem with any other racket. I was even using a pure drive(before it had woofer) for a few years.
I've just been playing about 1hr every 2 or 3 days, can't be too much right?

samster
10-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm just 20 years old. I haven't had this problem with any other racket. I was even using a pure drive(before it had woofer) for a few years.

Are you mis-hitting a lot with the AN90? That could be contributing to your discomfort.

Cervantes
10-26-2007, 09:00 PM
...an elbow may also be caused by either or both...

1. hitting the ball late (not late to hit a good shot, but late enough to hurt your elbow). This pulls the arm back stretching the connective tissue and makes the elbow owie on the inside.

2. too small a grip which closes your hand more, stretching your forearm tissue more, thus pulling on their anchor to your elbow. This owie is on the outside of the elbow.

If the owie is inside the elbow, you may have arthritis, or maybe an alien has invaded your body...

"some nights I just leave the front door open and hope for a visitor..."

tbini87
10-26-2007, 09:41 PM

hmm. that doesn't sound too much at all. i am the same age, and actually am having some elbow and wrist pain right now too. might be the stick then. what string setup are you using?

joe1987
10-27-2007, 05:03 AM
I used technifibre redcode mains with syn cross at 58lbs but I went through it in 6hrs. I switched to crossfire 18 at 54lbs so this is the current string (lasting about 12hrs of play).
I seem be feeling more vibration on my n90 than on my Lm Radical. I tried the Radical on court today and the pain disappeared. The radical is also strung with crossfire 18 @57lbs btw.

With regards to mis-hits, I do mis-hit more on my n90s, usually when I'm trying to do put aways. I think my playing standard might just make 5.0 or maybe a high 4.5. I don't mis-hit at all on my Lm Radical, could mis-hits really cause the pain? I never though of that.

joe1987
10-27-2007, 05:03 AM
Speedy, I think the pro-tours are even harder to find than the prestige.

samster
10-27-2007, 05:41 AM
With regards to mis-hits, I do mis-hit more on my n90s, usually when I'm trying to do put aways. I think my playing standard might just make 5.0 or maybe a high 4.5. I don't mis-hit at all on my Lm Radical, could mis-hits really cause the pain? I never though of that.

Mis-hits can translate to more shock to the arm and joints, right?

joe1987
10-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Yeah but I don't really mis-hit that much. Infact come to think of it, its still less than 10 times in a hour long hitting session? Does it really play such a big part? I never really though of that.
When I just bounce the ball on the court I could feel some vibration and I'm hitting the sweet spot. Could it be the weight distribution? It only happens on 1 of my n90s, the other doesn't have this problem. The balance point is the same but the other one feels like it has more weight in the head.

meowmix
10-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Where'd you get the An90's? If you got em off a certain aution site, chances are they're fake.

Could it be drill flash?

joe1987
10-27-2007, 07:53 PM
They are the real thing. No chance they are fake.

Drill flash?? Whats that?