PDA

View Full Version : HEAD MP: Prestige vs. Radical ?

cukoo
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the radical and prestige line of racquets? They are both always 18x20, is a radical just a lighter version of the prestige with more room for customization?
Also, just out of curiosity, which would you suggest for a baseliner with flat groundstrokes, 2hbh?

Thanks

Return_Ace
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm slightly rusty on my racket knowledge, however iirc the main differences between the prestige and the radical are:

CAP Grommets : The prestige has CAP grommets which are the hugeeee guards around the top of the hoop adding more weight, stability and more protection (imo) to the racket.

Twin Tube : The radical generally has a twin tube construction which does something... i'm not really a radical person so wouldn't be able to tell you tbh... just makes it feel different ?

And as you said before the heft of the two rackets are different.

The best solution would be to demo both rackets and decide for yourself... personally I'm biased and would recommend the prestige...

Anyone feel free to chip in and correct me... like i said i haven't really been keeping up with tennis that much recently =S.

TnTBigman
10-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I have experience with both the LM Rad MP (2 years) and the LM Prestige MP (4 months). I swiched immedieatly to the Prestige after 2 demo sessions because I found it very easy to swing for a heavy (than the LM Rad) racquet, had much beter feel and controll on return of serves and I got some lovely pop from it- something I was not getting with the LM Radical even after adding 6 grams of weight while maintaining it's factory balance. There is no need for me to add weight to the LM Prestige MP. I am very satisfied. Still interested in demoing the FP MP version.
I'm a lefty, baseliner medium compact swings, big serve, flat hitter with a 1HBH.

Ross K
10-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Best to search. Big topic. Maybe start by focussing on Prestige Classic 600, or Radical Tour. Or check out 'Long Live The Radicals' thread, or 'Head Legends', or 'Prestige Club' or whatever (I think there's one?)

crazylevity
10-27-2007, 01:48 AM
The Prestige is heavier, with a more headlight balance. Presumably for people with longer, more polished strokes. I have both, and I like them both. Have a slight preference for the Prestige because it's a bit more stable, and I have a one handed backhand so I like my racquets headlight.

Ross K
10-27-2007, 03:48 AM
To the OP,

Both lines of Prestiges and Tours go back a long way and provides some variety regarding many areas including weight. Here are just some of the earlier Prestige series...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u291/RRohan/prestige_top_1-1.jpg

You certainly have a lot to choose from!

joe1987
10-27-2007, 05:17 AM
My fav is the i.prestige. Shame its discountinued.

TnTBigman
10-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Ross K, is that your collection? nice.

Ross K
10-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Ross K, is that your collection? nice.

I wish!...........................