PDA

View Full Version : help on c10pro vs dnx10 mid

lucu
10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
cannot find the comparison between this two frames.
anyone who have use or try and give me some comparison?
ia actual, which is :
heavier?
easier to swing?
power?
feel?
less demanding?
serve?
volley?

thanks

hoosierbr
10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
cannot find the comparison between this two frames.
anyone who have use or try and give me some comparison?
ia actual, which is :
heavier?
easier to swing?
power?
feel?
less demanding?
serve?
volley?

thanks

Two different racquets, one a mid and one an mp. Both 10 series frames and comfortable to hit but require sound mechanics and an ability to generate your own power.

heavier - DNX, noticeably so when you pick it up.
swing - C10 is easier to swing, even though only a couple of official swingweight points less it's less demanding, imo.
power - this one is tough b/c you'd think the C10 has more inherent power but if you hit the sweetspot consistenly the DNX has a lot of juice. also the sweetspots are comparable I think.
feel - this is a toss up and feel is subjective but both are comfy and have a nice stringbed that's conducive to hitting any kind of shot
demand - the C10 is less demanding by a big margin
serve - DNX serves better than the C10 mainly b/c the upper hoop is a bit stiffer. That's always been a weakness of the C10 but that's not to say it doesn't serve well.
volley - both volley well but the C10 is more manueverable at the net.

These are my opinions having hit both frames for some time. Provided you can reliably hit the sweetspot consistently these are both great frames. Mishits are slightly more jarring with the DNX I found.

It should be noted that these are advanced frames suited, I think, to people who play an all-court game.

NoBadMojo
10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I think Hoosier siad that just right..i would like to add is that the dnx10mid will likely be a more imposing racquet in that it is a little easier to put balls away with and get people on their horse with and control things out there if you cant juice it up all you would like to on demand without a little help..the dnx10Mid, to me, is like a slightly juiced up c10, but with that older school thing going on...it's still headlight, but you can feel more of the weight in the head than with the c10 and that would make it seem less maneuverable for many

hoosierbr
10-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I think Hoosier siad that just right..i would like to add is that the dnx10mid will likely be a more imposing racquet in that it is a little easier to put balls away with and get people on their horse with and control things out there if you cant juice it up all you would like to on demand without a little help..the dnx10Mid, to me, is like a slightly juiced up c10, but with that older school thing going on...it's still headlight, but you can feel more of the weight in the head than with the c10 and that would make it seem less maneuverable for many

Glad you approve, Ed! I hit a DNX 10 Mid when they first became available at TW for demo and it felt pretty heavy, in fact I did a review of it. I know you said the early production frames are usually heavier so I wonder if I'd notice a difference now????

Randy

NoBadMojo
10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Glad you approve, Ed! I hit a DNX 10 Mid when they first became available at TW for demo and it felt pretty heavy, in fact I did a review of it. I know you said the early production frames are usually heavier so I wonder if I'd notice a difference now????

Randy

I dunno randy..the real mainstream production swingweight of the frame is 325...was the one you hit heavier than that?

btw havent noticed this same weight differences with first runs of the becker frames so far....I got one b11 about 2-3 months before it came out and then more later and they are all the same

bagung
10-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Randy

hoosierbr,
the early production of mid is much heavier as you said.... after i got my early 1st mid, 6 month later i bought another one, and other 2 another 3 month later.
only the very 1st one is heavy with the strung wt of 358g, while the other 3 came to 348-9g strung with the same strings....
the 1st is also swing heavier than the other three....

bagung
10-26-2007, 07:09 PM
sounds like c 10 pro is an intresting frame........
is c 10 pro means "catapult 10"?

lucu
10-26-2007, 07:14 PM
THANKS, hoosierbr and MOJO.
WoW. less demanding than dnx10mid is the one i am looking for.
i am going to order one right away.
thanks again.

CTPark
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
sounds like c 10 pro is an intresting frame........
is c 10 pro means "catapult 10"?

catapult is a completely different racquet.

lucu
10-27-2007, 12:17 AM
catapult 10 is not c10 pro.........????????????
is it..........???????????

Peter Szucs
10-27-2007, 01:00 AM
catapult 10 is not c10 pro.........????????????
is it..........???????????

c10 Pro : classic 10 pro

lucu
10-27-2007, 02:05 AM
so, catapult 10 is different racquet?
can anybody show me the closed up pic of c 10 pro?