PDA

View Full Version : 18x20 to 16x19

octman12
10-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Can you change the string pattern from close to open without changing your racquet?

anirut
10-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Just don't string the outter mains and either the top or bottom cross I suppose ??

Or play with two broken mains and a broken cross?

galatti
10-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Just don't string the outter mains and either the top or bottom cross I suppose ??

Or play with two broken mains and a broken cross?

don't try it. The spaces between each hole is what matters

jelle v
10-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Indeed, the spaces between the holes are what makes the difference.

I am wondering though.. does it damage your racket if say for instance with my NBlade, i don't string the last cross? (making it 18x19)

anirut
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Indeed, the spaces between the holes are what makes the difference.

I am wondering though.. does it damage your racket if say for instance with my NBlade, i don't string the last cross? (making it 18x19)

No, it won't damage your racket. But, seriously, you racket'll play *****-wise.

I've had an experience with my Wislon ROK. The last cross broke while stringing so I ended up with, "what the heck, just play with one string less."

Wow! It was a perfect way to turn a good racket into an expensive broom!

OK, a racket's (or say modern racket) string pattern is probably well calculated or engineered to bring out the best performance of the racket designed. If you're doing something less or something too much, then you're jeopadizing the intended performance of the racket.

Unless, of course, your intension is to seriously make your own racket, using the standard racket as the base to play around with. (Like I did with my Redondo mid.)

To the OP: Just don't do what I said in my post above. It was all for jokes.