PDA

View Full Version : I admit it... I was wrong!

Gee Willikers Batman!
10-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I always use to criticize people about them saying "Oh I'm having a bad day" but
not until yesterday did I realize there IS such a thing as having a bad day. I was not my usual self. I usually beat this guy 6-2 6-1. But I played him yesterday and it ended up going to a tiebreaker for both sets. He won the 1st set 7-6(4)
and I won the 2nd set 7-6(5). We are finishing the match tomorrow since it was around 11:00 P.M so it was too late to finish the match. (Keep in mind I am 15 so I can't stay up all night :P). I could not believe what was happening. I was hitting my forehand in the net 60% of the time. And my backhand was always sailing, nothing worked. I always said "stop lying theres no such thing as a bad day", to people who said this, but now I know, when you have one, it suckssss!

Seifersquall1
10-27-2007, 09:47 AM
This happened to me when I played someone that's 15 years old. I usually beat him 6-0 6-1. Two weeks ago, I still beat him 6-2 6-4. I hardly made any of my shots in that day so I knew I was going to be in big trouble. I decided to play like a pusher and it helped my winning streak against him XD And wow, you play late lol.

Gee Willikers Batman!
10-27-2007, 10:13 AM
This happened to me when I played someone that's 15 years old. I usually beat him 6-0 6-1. Two weeks ago, I still beat him 6-2 6-4. I hardly made any of my shots in that day so I knew I was going to be in big trouble. I decided to play like a pusher and it helped my winning streak against him XD And wow, you play late lol.

Actually, I play early, but I am really dedicated to tennis and I am the loser who spends their weekends practicing tennis rather then going to the movies. :confused: Lol. I played from... 5:30-11:00.

EDIT: I LEFT my house at 5:30, and walked to my courts and got there at 5:45, so 5:45-11:00 lol.

BounceHitBounceHit
10-27-2007, 10:30 AM
A myriad of factors go into playing tennis well. What made you think that 'Bad Days' were a myth? :) CC

Bodacious DVT
10-27-2007, 10:33 AM
lol at least you're honesty admitting your faults.

i disagreed with you from the start but it doesnt really matter. people can play fine one day and poorly the next.

Gee Willikers Batman!
10-27-2007, 10:51 AM
A myriad of factors go into playing tennis well. What made you think that 'Bad Days' were a myth? :) CC

I didn't think it was a myth, I just merely thought that they were making excuses for playing poorly or whatnot.

Seifersquall1
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Actually, I play early, but I am really dedicated to tennis and I am the loser who spends their weekends practicing tennis rather then going to the movies. :confused: Lol. I played from... 5:30-11:00.

EDIT: I LEFT my house at 5:30, and walked to my courts and got there at 5:45, so 5:45-11:00 lol.
Oh. I play almost everyday after school and Sunday. On weekdays I play from 3:00-6:00 and Sunday I played from 5:00-7:00 :)

J011yroger
10-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I am steeped in the bad day thing. Thursday my serve wouldn't go into the box if I walked the ball up to the net and dropped it in. Last night I was absolutely lights out holding more than half my service games at love. I think much of it has to do with eating properly and getting a good nights sleep. Unlike most people I really need 9-10 hours of sleep per night. If I don't get that sleep, I feel fine, but can't play to save my life.

Also I will have nights where I just can't see. Anything beyond my service line is blurry, and if I can't see the spin on the ball, I am worthless. Sometimes it is the lights, but once in a while my vision just sucks. One night last year I just had to go home.

J

Jackie T. Stephens
10-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Of course theres something as a bad day... all tennis players have it, it's a way of tennis life :)

BravoRed691
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm amazed that the OP'ster never had a bad day until now, i envy you...though i've never used it as an excuse (i don't think one should EVER take anything away from their opponents win).

BR

Bagumbawalla
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Perhaps when you posted this you were having a bad day, a mental aberation, so to speak, and you only imagined that you were wrong.

So, if that was the case, you may not have been wrong. You were just wrong to say you were wrong, and all because you were having a bad day.

Oh, wait a minute, that can't be right.

BravoRed691
10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Perhaps when you posted this you were having a bad day, a mental aberation, so to speak, and you only imagined that you were wrong.

So, if that was the case, you may not have been wrong. You were just wrong to say you were wrong, and all because you were having a bad day.

Oh, wait a minute, that can't be right.

Maybe you were wrong about being wrong, or was that right? Right?!
BR

Gee Willikers Batman!
10-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Now you guys are confusing me with the right right, wrong stuff. Lol.

And, you might be amazed at me not having a bad day until now, but it's true. I am usually the consistent type when it comes to playing the same way, but for some reason, nothing was working for me yesterday.

Mahboob Khan
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I always use to criticize people about them saying "Oh I'm having a bad day" but
not until yesterday did I realize there IS such a thing as having a bad day. I was not my usual self. I usually beat this guy 6-2 6-1. But I played him yesterday and it ended up going to a tiebreaker for both sets. He won the 1st set 7-6(4)
and I won the 2nd set 7-6(5). We are finishing the match tomorrow since it was around 11:00 P.M so it was too late to finish the match. (Keep in mind I am 15 so I can't stay up all night :P). I could not believe what was happening. I was hitting my forehand in the net 60% of the time. And my backhand was always sailing, nothing worked. I always said "stop lying theres no such thing as a bad day", to people who said this, but now I know, when you have one, it suckssss!

You are not "old enough" to know that there ARE good days and bad days!

EliteNinja
11-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I can't remember my last good day...
Bad days exist.
For me, all the time.:p

smoothtennis
11-01-2007, 07:04 AM
LOL, there are definately bad days. Jolly mentioned a few good reasons. You are 15? Wait until you try playing with a hangover friend...you haven't seen a bad day, hehe.

But seriously, yes, poeple have bad days. It's a body rhythm thing I think...

stinkpaw
11-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Wait until while you are out playing your wife is sleeping with the UPS man. You lose 6-0 6-0 so end up going home early and catch them in the act. Then when you divource the witch you have to give up half your money.

Now that's a bad tennis day.

Note this didn't happen to me but a guy I know, which is why I will never get married!!

ShooterMcMarco
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I made this discovery a long time ago. Actually, I think I just sucked at tennis back then so everyday was a bad day.

metamike
11-01-2007, 04:13 PM
How is this a tennis tip? Go whine-much somewhere else, because the sudden realization that consequences forcing less than average tennis play exists in the world isn't something you need to inform us about.

Legend of Borg
11-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh. I play almost everyday after school and Sunday. On weekdays I play from 3:00-6:00 and Sunday I played from 5:00-7:00 :)

You're so lucky. You get to live in sunny California. Guess what? We from the North-East have pretty cold winters, so limited ( meaning 3 matches per month) tennis for 4 months. This is horrible! I can barely convince someone to play with me in this cold, and I certainly am not going to pay $29 dollars for 1 hour of indoor tennis. ( $500 dollars for season pass) "Sigh" I hate winter.

Gee Willikers Batman!
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
How is this a tennis tip? Go whine-much somewhere else, because the sudden realization that consequences forcing less than average tennis play exists in the world isn't something you need to inform us about.

Read my original post. I wasn't whining. I was telling people a "bad day" has finally occured to me. Grab your negativity..and get out.

Seifersquall1
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
You're so lucky. You get to live in sunny California. Guess what? We from the North-East have pretty cold winters, so limited ( meaning 3 matches per month) tennis for 4 months. This is horrible! I can barely convince someone to play with me in this cold, and I certainly am not going to pay $29 dollars for 1 hour of indoor tennis. ( $500 dollars for season pass) "Sigh" I hate winter.
That sucks. Well, today it was very cold at 5:00 and I couldn't play that well. I won all of my matches but I couldn't take it. It was extremely cold and I left early XD