PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Becker 11 to Donnay Pro One Intl

bubbatex
10-27-2007, 12:27 PM
I am liking the Becker 11 demo so far, but I am curious if anyone has hit both the 11 and the Donnay Pro One. The Pro One is a little less stiff with a little lower sw and, well, I can get two for the price of one. Before I spend yet another $20 for a demo, thought I would ask for some feedback here. Thanks!

Jackie T. Stephens
10-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I played with the Becker 11,, gave me power but didn't really like the feel of it that much.

bubbatex
10-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks - Becker feels great to me - but have you hit with the Donnay as I originally asked?

BreakPoint
10-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I've hit with both. The DPOI is a bit lower powered than the BB11 but has a slightly more solid feel to me. I can hit my 1HBH better with the DPOI, however, overall the BB11 might offer a tad more control due to the denser string pattern. Both are flexy sticks but the DPOI is flexier and has a bit more feel. BTW, I don't find that the DPOI swings any lighter than the BB11, it's about the same. So far, I like the DPOI better because it has a real old-school feel to it, like something that was made in the 80's.

bubbatex
10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks BP - I have a decision to make. I have a demo credit at golf (together with) smith for stuff I have tested between myself and my daughter, so I might go ahead and buy a Becker then try the DPOI later on. The DPOI sounds very intriging....and I always liked Borg! Unfortunately for my wallet, buying "play toys" is a hobby, so I am sure the Becker will only last about 6 months!