PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am looking to buy a new racket and I was hoping I could get some advice

EndersGame
10-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I have been browsing the forums and reading your reviews about certain rackets but I think that most of the rackets on here are way above my level. I play tennis about once a week recreationally, and I would consider myself at about a 3-4. Based on your experiences, what are some rackets that you would recommend?

Thank you!

LanEvo
10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
wilson ncode ntour

soggyramen
10-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I have been browsing the forums and reading your reviews about certain rackets but I think that most of the rackets on here are way above my level. I play tennis about once a week recreationally, and I would consider myself at about a 3-4. Based on your experiences, what are some rackets that you would recommend?

Thank you!

for right now i'd look up a tweener but with the NTRP take whatever you think you are with a grain of salt might wanna drop half a point to a point of what you think you are.

check out...

Flexpoint Heat
Liquidmetal 4
Prince Shark
Prince Hybrid Hornet O3

does price matter?

EndersGame
10-27-2007, 02:26 PM
for right now i'd look up a tweener but with the NTRP take whatever you think you are with a grain of salt might wanna drop half a point to a point of what you think you are.

check out...

Flexpoint Heat
Liquidmetal 4
Prince Shark
Prince Hybrid Hornet O3

does price matter?

Thanks! I will look into these. Price-wise, I was looking to spend about $100.

Commando Tennis Shorts
10-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Prince Hybrid O3 Shark

meowmix
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
No offense, but if you're playing one time a week, you're probably not at 4.0 yet. You're probably more along the lines of 3.0.

You might want to try the Head Liquidmetal Radical (there's a Midplus and an oversize, both are great frames), Dunlop M-fil 400 or 300, and Prince 03 shark. I don't think Wilson produces any good frames that fall within your price level, unless you want to try the nblade oversize.

J011yroger
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Have you read my excellent guide to racquet selection?

I highly reccomend and shamelessly promote it!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=160692

J

bubbatex
10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
^^ Yes, I would suggest you read Jo11y's post and play a little more, tell the folks here more about your game (baseliner, serve & volley, TSFH, slicer, etc.) and what you want to accomplish - and what you are playing with - then you might get some good pointers.

With all due respect to those who have made suggestions, I don't see anything in your original post that would give someone an idea as to what to suggest other than you going to a store and picking out something that looks good to your eye. Which, BTW, is sometimes a good way to get started! (Then 2 months later you know what you like or don't like!). Good luck.

SoBad
10-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Whatever you get, definitely go with a mid, because if you're around 3.0-4.0 NTRP now, switching to a mid will likely take you into the 5.0-6.0 range pretty quickly (just read all the success stories in this racquets section threads).

bubbatex
10-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Whatever you get, definitely go with a mid, because if you're around 3.0-4.0 NTRP now, switching to a mid will likely take you into the 5.0-6.0 range pretty quickly (just read all the success stories in this racquets section threads).

Oh, why stop there - just get a 90 ("Federer Up") and get ready to take on the world..... :wink:

SoBad
10-27-2007, 08:34 PM
^^ OK so you just give away the "7.0+ in weeks" secret TTW shortcut to a noob like that...:neutral:

muredhawks
10-27-2007, 08:50 PM
You should buy my mfil 300!

bubbatex
10-28-2007, 07:57 AM
^^ OK so you just give away the "7.0+ in weeks" secret TTW shortcut to a noob like that...:neutral:

My bad - I am a noob too.....:)

fuzzfactory
10-28-2007, 12:08 PM

do i sense sarcasm?

HyperHorse
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Once a week is nothing. You need to play more.
What racquet do you have now anyway??
And what do u want that your current stick isn't giving you?
Honestly u need to get over the recreational thing, that's only holding you back...
Only when u become serious does competition become more fun...
*sigh* I guess everyone doesn't feel that way.

Alafter
10-28-2007, 06:08 PM
do i sense sarcasm?

You are a genius.