PDA

View Full Version : lead tape for wilson h tour

bridgerd
03-19-2004, 06:14 AM
I recently switched from a babolat pc zylon to wilson h-tour midplus. I did it to drop the weight a bit and get a larger frame. I would like to change the balance to less head heavy, and need some advice on lead weighting. i.e. where and how much to place the lead tape. Any suggestions?

Ash Doyle
03-19-2004, 06:37 AM
If you use an overgrip, I would place the lead tape on top of the grip and under the overgrip WITHOUT using the adhesive to attach it. Just let the overgrip hold it in place. Play with it and experiment with how much tape you need to make it feel like you want. Once you find the balance you want, then remove the overgrip and grip and adhere the lead tape to the handle. Replace the grips, and enjoy.

El Diablo
03-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Just curious....when you decided to go lighter and larger, did you look at the Babolat PurePower Zylon (102 inches, 10.5 ounces)?

bridgerd
03-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks, ash doyle, for the advice. I wasn't even sure the lead goes on the grip as opposed to the frame. Makes sense, and allows me to experiment without committing. You're a big help.

bridgerd
03-20-2004, 12:25 PM
El Diablo, I didn't even consider the larger babolat. Reason is they feature wilsons at my club and I was able to demo the H tour and liked it; also, it's a whole lot less money than the babolats, which I feel are overpriced, perhaps because they are trendy.

K!ck5w3rvE
03-22-2004, 08:04 PM
the H tour is so bl0ody thin that you wont be able to put it around the frame lol