PDA

View Full Version : calling all DNX 10 mid and VE 10 mid players!

db379
10-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I got a dnx 10 mid just recently, and I thought it would be fairly similar to the VE10 mid which I currently use but with a power boost. Well, the power boost is there but I seem to have problems with my swinging. The racquet feels difficult to move fast through the air... I customized it to make heavier than the stock version but I also made it more headlight by adding weight to the butt of the handle. Strangely, this racquet still feels difficult to move around quickly even though itīs actually very close in weight and even more headlight than my VE10 mid.

One of the things I like about the VE10 mid is how fast I can swing it and whip the ball with lots of topspin. Impossible to do that with the dnx 10 mid so far. I was wondering if you guys had the same problem and what you did to fix it. Did you experiment with lead tape? I feel that if I could whip it around the ball as fast as with the VE10 mid, it would be a really nice stick for matches becasue itīs forgiving and you can easily hit powerful winners.

PS: I should say that the 2 sticks are strung differently too, which changes how the racquet feels and play. The VE has Kirchsbaum at mac tension, dnx has a soft multi at mid tension. I īm thinking of restringing dnx with Kirschbaum at max tension too but I doubt it will solve my problem.

bagung
10-27-2007, 05:53 PM
i had tried the t10ve mid before and found it is easier to swing, smaller sweetspot, stifferstringbed than the dnx-10 mid....
on the dnx-10mid, i used to put leather, dampener, headtape on it. it makes the dnx more heavy and more demanding to swing.. i think the best way is back to the original and don't put unnecessary extra weight on it, since it has already quite higher SW than your ve mid.
dnx has more juice, more forgiving , softer frame than the VE mid..

john cheng
10-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi DB,

I agree with bagung and try to go back to the stock settings of the dnx10. Once you start adding weight anywhere in the frame, whether to make it more headlight or headheavy, it will have an effect on the swing weight- that is it will increase it (swing weight) secondary to the added mass. Hope this helps.

db379
10-28-2007, 02:57 AM
thanks for the advice guys. The funny thing is that I like heavy racquets. My old prestige classic 600 are all cutomized to weight between 370 and 395g. My Ve10 mid is also quite a bit heavier than the stock version and it still swings very easy , however the dnx 10 mid at about the same weight and swingweight seem to swing heavier.

The specs written on the racquets are exacrly the same for the VEmid and the dnx mid (same weight and balance). Thatīs the thjing that bugs me... why would they swing differently if they are the same weight and balance???

One thing I noticed is that the dnx is a tad longer (2-3 mm) than the VE mid. Could it be the difference I perceive in swinging speed or maybe it has to do with the fact that the head shapes are different?

Nandrzej
10-28-2007, 04:15 AM
I got a dnx 10 mid just recently .... The racquet feels difficult to move fast through the air...

Bingo. I would say the exact same thing about it. I have taken to just accepting it is not going to be a high head-speed racquet and have set about playing with medium spin. I think it is the swingweight. Just how it is. If you find a way to speed it up let me know :)

cheers, Nick

TourTenor
10-28-2007, 06:41 AM
Like Bagung, I find that I can swing the DNX10 mid with good racquet head speed for 2 to 21/2 hours but then will start to tire out.

At this point, I will generally go to a backup stick (similar characteristics) with slightly less swingweight to finish my play. The DNX10 mid works well with my game but if I were to add lead anywhere, it would increase the swingweight, and lessen the time I can spend with it. Also, the racquet has a good stock headlight balance. I don't want to mess with that either.