PDA

View Full Version : POG OS vs. Radical LE OS

cukoo
10-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I have the radical and it feels great for my flat forehand and 2hbh when its strung up tightly. Can anyone who have used both racquets before tell me how these 2 racquets compare?
thanks

cukoo
10-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Anyone can tell me about the POG OS in general then?

superstition
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyone can tell me about the POG OS in general then?
Probably. It's very popular here.

AceofBase
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes, i have use the POG OS but that was long ago but now i use the Triple Threat Graphite OS version which is the latest and last of the graphite series. And the LE Radical OS my brother use it and i try it once in a while. So i know the different between them. The POG is longer and heavier and also has better access to spin than the LE Radical OS and also the POG has better touch than the LE Radical OS. As for LE Radical OS is an alright racket that play different since the string pattern and the weight and all. To me the LE Radical OS play more flat but control you get off of it is pretty impressive (its a very solid racket, if you know what i mean). My brother like the POG for a replacement racket if he broke his string, since he play for the High School team and only got one racket so i offen give it to him when he got a game to play with, but it broke one day since my younger brother didnt like it and slam it on the ground (he just started to playing tennis).

AceofBase
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I think you might like it since its longer and better suit for a two handed back hand or two handed person. With all things equal, but different is within the touch and spin.

cukoo
11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Ace, thanks for your response but I thought both racquet was the same length (27 in)..

AceofBase
11-08-2007, 06:52 PM
the one i mention is the long body one and also my friend has the Michael Chang racket to and play similar to the long body too. But you should try the long body version POG since with that extra lenght should help you out on those two handed.

cukoo
11-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Does the different string pattern 16x10 on POG and 18x19 on Radical really affect the shot that much?

Jonny S&V
11-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Does the different string pattern 16x10 on POG and 18x19 on Radical really affect the shot that much?

It affects the spin potential, power, and string durability all in one.

Gforce
11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I play with the Pog Mid.

Jonny S&V
11-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I play with the Pog Mid.

Umm, this doesn't really relate to the topic. I've seen a few of your posts and you appear to be spamming. Not to mention your colored posts are a little annoying.

MichaelChang
11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
POG OS is said to be the most arm friendly frame. We are talking about the 27" here, longbody is not a POG, IMO.

If you have Radical LE, stay with it. Unless you can find a nice 4-stripe POG OS. Because many users have reported, the current remake "tour" version of the POG OS is nowhere close to the 4-stripe POS OS standard. The 4-stripe was discontinued 10 years ago.

robby c
11-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I played both in 4.5 dbls. Both are great oversize frames. The Radical is more mobile at net, and easier to serve with due to being a couple points more headlite. I switched from the POG because I constantly broke 16 ga strings. The 18x19 eliminated that problem, without causing any problems with spin control. Slight advantage to Radical, but if grip shape is important get the Prince.
Robby C