PDA

View Full Version : what would you pick b/w Wilson nTour nCode and Dunlop m-fil 300?

sushi_fanatic
10-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi...I'd like to hear your thoughts on what would your pick be? I'm in the process of switching into one of those two racquets. Thanks.

tenniskid3119
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
My ex-racquet is the mfil 300. so I would pick that. I have never tried the nTour, but I would like to hit with it. The 300 is a good all around racquet. It was my first real racquet, and helped my game a lot.

ProStaff Legend
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
i would say go with the ntour. the swingweight is countered by its light weight so its still manueverable. its small headsize will also help your handeye coordination. just my suggestion

sushi_fanatic
10-28-2007, 04:39 PM
My ex-racquet is the mfil 300. so I would pick that. I have never tried the nTour, but I would like to hit with it. The 300 is a good all around racquet. It was my first real racquet, and helped my game a lot.

is the mfil 300 stiffer than the aerogel 300?

LanEvo
10-28-2007, 04:44 PM
i like the ntour

sushi_fanatic
10-28-2007, 04:49 PM
i like the ntour

how about b/w the ntour and prince o3 white?

tenniskid3119
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
is the mfil 300 stiffer than the aerogel 300?

I'm not that , for lack of a better word, scientific, about tennis. I just play with a racquet that feels good. Sorry but I dont know/can't feel the stiffness or flexibility of a racquet

d wayne
10-29-2007, 07:06 AM
I currently use the mFil300, but recently tried a demo of the nTour thinking the extra 1/4" might help.
Either way, you will make a good choice.
I stayed with the mFil as I get more spin on my shots and the control felt better. The nTour added some power to my shots, but I felt like my shots were flatter- I found myself holding back on some shots while with the mFil I can swing out & hit some topspin with better depth.
With time, I think I could easily adjust to the nTour & really like it, bit it did not offer any obvious benefit over the mFil300.
While both are somewhat light, they play very solid

Seifersquall1
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I prefer the Ntour :)

soyizgood
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I have the nTour 95 and the m-fil 200+. I was looking to get an m-Fil 300 but the darn store didn't have anymore. The nTour is good if you intend to hit aggressively and really step into your shots. Otherwise, you likely are going to have problems. It's not so forgiving for players below 4.0. I can slice better with the nTour than the m-Fil. My serves probably go faster with the nTour as well.

The m-Fil 200+ I was VERY impressed with. You can hit hard or with finesse using it. It probably doesn't pack as much of a punch as the nTour but because it's so spin-friendly you don't need to do much to get spin. My 2HBH down the line were solid and I had no problems getting topspin BH lobs. My forehands were more accurate and I had an easier time controlling the pace and direction of my FH's. As for net play, the nTour might be better as it's heavier and balanced compared to the head light m-Fil (I had no problems FH volleying with m-Fil and my BH volleys are just so-so to begin with).

A lot of people put lead on the m-Fil 300. Probably to get more power out of it. I wouldn't dare add lead to the nTour 95.

Hope my feedback helps.

Willy H.
11-08-2007, 02:49 PM
mfil300 is my preference