PDA

View Full Version : When i serve my BACK LEG HOPS!

stav_babolat
10-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi, i have been playing at my local club for about 3 months and i am very devoted to tennis and am a very quick learner/ i am rapidly improving. (for instance, i am giving kids my age with 2-3 years experience trouble in matches) When i am practising my serve, i notice i have a good action, with the correct grip, fluent action, correct swing, and i bend my knees when i serve for more power. However, recently, when ive been trying to SMACK a first serve i seem to be kinda hopping on my back leg/ when i launch off my left leg to hit the ball, my back leg seems to sub contiously flick up at the same time and i dont know why i am doing this. ive seen other people serve and their back legs come up when their left foot has landed , not launched. Has anyone got any tips on serving, tips on my feet / leg positioning or just if anyone else had problems with the same thing can they give me some advice on how to stop this habit of hopping on my back leg.

stav_babolat
10-28-2007, 11:47 AM
so just to make this clear this is what i mean.
At this particular point in the serve, my back foot is flicked up instead of like this. http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4151/federer20serve20300thumck3.th.jpg