PDA

View Full Version : Racquet similar to Head LM Prestige MP

rich s
10-28-2007, 11:54 AM
I am looking for a racquet similar to the Head LM Prestige Midplus but not as sensitive to string tension as the LM Pres MP.

When I string my racquet (string type does not matter) it feels/plays great for the first 3 or 4 sets then after that as the tension begins to drop it becomes a completely different racquet....

I am getting tired of stringing after playing with it once or twice to maintain the initial control and feel the racquet has after it has been restrung.

I've tried Bi-Phase 17, TRC 17, Dunlop Max comfort 17, Prince Syn Gut Dflex 16 and 17 and others.....all with the same result described above.

Any suggestions for racquets similar to the LM Pres MP but without the sensitivity to string tension?

thanks-
rich

rich s
10-29-2007, 07:30 AM
anyone???????

TheRed
10-29-2007, 09:26 AM
FXP prestige?

Shooshi
11-02-2007, 10:37 PM
have you tried any of the wilson prostaffs? I use an n six one and its pretty similar to the head prestige in my opinion

GokuQ
11-03-2007, 07:48 PM
i hit with a microgel prestige mid today, and have to say, was pleasantly surprised, you might want to wait for that in the MP....

i played with a lm prestige mid for a few years, and the mg reminded me of it a lot(good thing), it felt a bit lighter, stiffer, and more dampened, at the same time, i thought it was more forgiving then the lm

in the meantime, try a stiffer setup, i liked an 18g kevlar/17g synth gut hybrid on that frame, your're playing with a fairly soft racquet and using pretty soft string, seems like after the tension drop, you dont like that mush/mush feeling

rich s
11-04-2007, 07:20 AM
......in the meantime, try a stiffer setup, i liked an 18g kevlar/17g synth gut hybrid on that frame, your're playing with a fairly soft racquet and using pretty soft string, seems like after the tension drop, you dont like that mush/mush feeling

I think you hit it on the head.....too mushy.....and that's what suprised me when I put PSGD 17 in it at max tension.....to me PSGD is a somewhat stiff string (compared to other nylons and multis.....not compared to kevlar)

I'm kind of reluctant to use kevlar again.....somewhat harsh in my opinion.

How about a polyester? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help...

rich s
11-04-2007, 07:22 AM
have you tried any of the wilson prostaffs? I use an n six one and its pretty similar to the head prestige in my opinion

I tried the Original 6.0 a while ago.....didn't like the feel....the newer prostaffs seem to be 12oz and up and have a higher swingweight than I am looking for.....thanks for the suggestion.

fuzz nation
11-04-2007, 07:38 AM
I've tried getting better service out of my favorite 17 ga. syn. gut by doing it as a hybrid in the mains with 16 ga. in the crosses. I think it holds up better than a full boat of the thinner stuff and it still feels pretty good.

Frames that might play in the same neighborhood - I'm thinking the Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine (the C10 Pro plays softer and heftier) or the Fischer M-Speed 98.

kumat63
11-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I think you hit it on the head.....too mushy.....and that's what suprised me when I put PSGD 17 in it at max tension.....to me PSGD is a somewhat stiff string (compared to other nylons and multis.....not compared to kevlar)

I'm kind of reluctant to use kevlar again.....somewhat harsh in my opinion.

How about a polyester? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help...

I've been playing the LM Prestige MP for 3 years. I second the poster who said the Microgel Prestige MP plays a bit lighter, stiffer, but still with quite decent feel. If the mushy thing bothers you, that might well be the ticket. Until then try Lux Big Banger ALU Power. Crisp feel without being too harsh and I've found it holds tension quite well for a poly especially if you string it on a lockout machine... if you like a firm feel string it at around 59-60...