PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige vs. FXP Prestige

stevekim8
10-28-2007, 12:59 PM
hey guys

i'm a happy user of Liquidmetal prestige MID (i had midplus, but i decided that i ilke mid much better)

and i consider it easy to maneuver.

i'm thinking about getting a new racquet soon, because my prestige started rattling a bit everytime i hit hard. i'm thinking about getting the same racquet, but i'm wondering if FLEXPOINT prestige MID is better than this racquet
i have some questions..

1. Which one has bigger SWEETSPOT? Flexpoint prestige MID or Liquidmetal prestige MID?

2. Which is easier to maneuver? Flexpoint prestige MID or Liquidmetal prestige MID?

i think my lm prestige would be good if it had "little" more power, and i think fxp prestige has that. i'm looking to see if flexpoint version is easier to hit than the liquidmetal. (i used to struggle a lot with sweetspot of liquidmetal in the wind)

so guys

help me and compare these two.

thanks!

p.s.: i think many of the fxp prestige users in this forum uses "MP", but i didn't like liquidmetal mp, so should i consider fxp prestige mp too?

Tour 90
10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I think I bought one of my lmp mids from you. lol

stevekim8
10-28-2007, 02:32 PM
hmm

i don't remember selling any mids

i'm pretty sure i only sold my midpluses then got one mid

HLM2
10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
i would wait for the microgel prestiges to come out. THey look very promising.

stevekim8
10-28-2007, 04:48 PM
i was going to, but since i need the racquet fast in case my racquet totally breaks, i can't wait for the microgel prestige

VikingSamurai
10-28-2007, 10:46 PM
My new LM Pretige mid will arrive tomorrow, and I cant wait to have a hit with it.. Never liked the look of the Flexpoint frames, so didnt even consider it.. The LM Prestige paintjob looks the business, and I cant wait for the new MG Prestige to be released..

TheFonz
10-29-2007, 09:11 AM
I've fot both the LM and the FXP Prestige mids. I like both and can easily switch between them with no issues. The main difference to me is the stiffness of the FXP. The LM definately has more of a flexy feel. The FXP has a little more power.

I see a lot of dislike for the FXP, but to me it's just a modern evolution of the PC600. The game is different than it was back-in-the-day.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any Prestige mid.........

TheFonz
10-29-2007, 09:12 AM
I've got both the LM and the FXP Prestige mids. I like both and can easily switch between them with no issues. The main difference to me is the stiffness of the FXP. The LM definately has more of a flexy feel. The FXP has a little more power.

I see a lot of dislike for the FXP, but to me it's just a modern evolution of the PC600. The game is different than it was back-in-the-day.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any Prestige mid.........

Goggles
10-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Maybe you should just choose the cheaper of the two. Yes, you can't go very wrong with any of the prestiges.

stevekim8
10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
so are you guys saying that their sweetspots are the same size basically?

snoflewis
10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
my personal experience was that the LM prestige was too hollow/tinny in feeling and the sweetspot felt almost nonexistent. the flexpoint prestige felt like it had a more definite sweetspot and had a crisper feeling to it. as for maneuverability, the LM prestige is slightly easier to maneuver.

stevekim8
10-29-2007, 02:02 PM
okay thank you
so i'm guessing that since i can hit the sweetspots on the lm prestige easy, i can easily hit the sweetspot on the flexpoint prestige

now, from the point of view from liquidmetal mid user, would i like fxp prestige MID or fxp prestige MP?

quest01
10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Ive used the FXP Prestige mid and midplus before and i thought they were both good rackets. I preferred the midplus a lot more because this racket had a larger sweetspot and more power. I also had more difficulty hitting a two handed backhand with the mid compared to the midplus.