PDA

View Full Version : Is making a nblade more handleweight the try?

plus
10-28-2007, 02:13 PM
How much heavier and how much extra points headlight does a nblade become when you exchange the white grip for a laether grip plus overgrip? Is it noticeble at all or not; and does anyone have experience making the nblade a tad more haevier and headlight anyway, does it work or does the nice feel and low power get spoiled? thanks!

nn
10-28-2007, 02:25 PM
works great I did it myself more headlight and little more heavy so static weight goes up. also grip size close to perfect or say feel is awesome

KOtennis
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
works for me too.

i replaced grip with syn leather, then added another overgrip.

originally had some lead on the throat,but too them off because i like HL balance.

also strung it up with 18 gauge strings and then put string-savers on so i can add more spin.

this is my main doubles stick

NoBadMojo
10-29-2007, 05:27 PM
How much heavier and how much extra points headlight does a nblade become when you exchange the white grip for a laether grip plus overgrip? Is it noticeble at all or not; and does anyone have experience making the nblade a tad more haevier and headlight anyway, does it work or does the nice feel and low power get spoiled? thanks!

Rather than taking the time to change grips at first, why dont you just wrap some lead tape around the grip collar cuff and see what that does to your stuff. you'll be more headlight and increase the swingweight.
The difference with the leather will likely be a couple swingweight points..unlikely you will notice it is harder to swing, but you may notice it is more headlight
I've never done it to this frame, but i think that would work well in this frame if you can handle more swingweight (the swingweight is already high for a light frame which isnt head heavy)

ramesh
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I added 18gms to the outside of the buttcap, and now the nblade feels much nicer. (My guess is its now like a 8pt HL)
I am adding a tiny amount to 3 and 9 to see how it feels now.