PDA

View Full Version : SO, if it rains tonight

Vlad
11-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Are we going to watch Roddick - Henman match for the third time??
Or, ESPN idiots will realize that they never showed Safin - Coria match?

BiGGieStuFF
11-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Please god don't let it rain!! that means I'd miss federer-hewitt cuz it would be pushed to afternoon, though gaudio and moya hasn't completed yet either.

AndyC
11-17-2004, 02:05 PM
U won't be missing anything Biggie :). Fed will just steamroll Hewitt 0 and 0 ;).

Shaolin
11-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Are we going to watch Roddick - Henman match for the third time??
Or, ESPN idiots will realize that they never showed Safin - Coria match?

True that!

tennisboy87
11-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Man, I don't want to see Henman-Roddick again. It was a very high quality match, but showing it two times is enough already.

BiGGieStuFF
11-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Man I don't want to see Henman-Roddick again. It was a very high quality match, but showing it two times is enough already Maybe they will show agassi from last year heeheh.

BreakPoint
11-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Maybe they will show agassi from last year heeheh.

Or maybe they'll just show the Connors - Krickstein match from the '91 US Open. :lol: :wink:

BiGGieStuFF
11-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Well I know you guys saw moya-gaudio which surprisingly was a pretty good match. Gaudio appeared to be slightly injured. Look like he was having some problems with his legs and that totally took his backhand out of the equation. Moya had a breakdown in the 2nd set after getting a break on Gaudio and that made it interesting, but Moya pulled it out. Gaudio showed some brilliance in the 1st set with his backhand but it didn't last. Was cool to see him break his racket.

Federer-Hewitt was a completely one-sided affair. Federer pretty much dominated Hewitt all night. It was like he was toying with Lleyton. Moving him around and then squashing a backhand or forehand with such deception and placement. He had Hewitt guessing pretty much all night. It started to sprinkle a little and Hewitt immediately asked for play to be suspended. Smart move cuz he'll need it to get that momentum shifted. It was sprinkling a bit harder in the moya-gaudio match but they didn't suspend play at all.

ShooterMcMarco
11-17-2004, 10:07 PM
biggie you're so damn lucky dude. even though i knew fed was going to win i still wanted to see that match badly. :( crappy espn

BiGGieStuFF
11-17-2004, 10:15 PM
biggie you're so damn lucky dude. even though i knew fed was going to win i still wanted to see that match badly. :( crappy espn Yeah it's pretty awesome. With the rain I'm actually getting to see more of the players than I expected. If it rains tomorrow as well and it's delayed I'd have a chance to see safin-roddick as well. When it rains the ushers are really lenient. It'll be the 4th day I've been there and each time I've been staying pretty late. It's fun but it's tiring. I definitely want to see Safin but I just don't have the energy any longer. Rain delays are tiring. I can only imagine how they are on the players.

Marius_Hancu
11-17-2004, 10:40 PM
When it rains the ushers are really lenient. .

Like, getting into the VIP seats?

Cynnik
11-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Ive always wondered; Are you allowed to bring camcorders to the venue and tape them practice or play? Is it like bootlegging in the movie theatres or something? Williams' dad does it all the time! :D

BiGGieStuFF
11-17-2004, 11:29 PM
When it rains the ushers are really lenient. .

Like, getting into the VIP seats?

Yeah box seats are available but it's such a pain to watch from there because you have to move your head back and forth a lot. Best seats are along the baseline. You really learn a lot from that angle.

BiGGieStuFF
11-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Ive always wondered; Are you allowed to bring camcorders to the venue and tape them practice or play? Is it like bootlegging in the movie theatres or something? Williams' dad does it all the time! :D I think I saw one person with a camcorder and tripod but they didn't have it out long. Maybe someone said something to them. I would think it's not allowed though.

Marius_Hancu
11-18-2004, 03:20 AM
Yeah box seats are available but it's such a pain to watch from there because you have to move your head back and forth a lot. Best seats are along the baseline. You really learn a lot from that angle.
True, I was last year in the baseline seats, on court 1 (thus free seating, not numbered yet then like on the centre court), first row, two seats from Ferrero' coach in Montreal TMS, while he was playing Kucera and losing. I was able to hear the continuous complaining on the part of Ferrero to his camp. Pretty childish, I'll tell you, not a very strong psyche, I guess.

From the same place I admired Rusedski's serve and I will tell you it's making quite a sound. He also has a very interesting habit which could be useful to all of us: right before the contact on his serve, he quickly relaxes the grip, then grabs it forcefully to hammer the ball. A very quick release-reinforce grip action.

Marius_Hancu
11-18-2004, 03:24 AM
I think I saw one person with a camcorder and tripod but they didn't have it out long. Maybe someone said something to them. I would think it's not allowed though.

Guess one must apply and pay for media accreditation.
Also for security nowadays.