PDA

View Full Version : Federer Hewitt (Spoiler)

Marius_Hancu
11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
63 64 for Fed, after several interruptions.

Fed is pretty much qualified for SF.
The rest are waiting ... openings in the rain, I guess:-)
Perhaps ESPN will show this match tomorrow.

Jayzzz
11-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Haha GOOD! Can't stand that little Aussie punk with his stupid fist pumps and his "COME ON!'s. :roll: I'm glad Federer handed his ***** to him yet again.

RickN
11-18-2004, 12:16 AM
I respect Hewitt's game for his toughness and quickness around the court. However, he has such a potty mouth when he's playing. Did anyone else notice in the US Open final that Hewitt kept looking at someone in the crowd and screaming at him to shut up?

Marius_Hancu
11-18-2004, 06:47 AM
500 spectators at midnight ... result of the rain
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-masterscup&prov=ap&type=lgns
what's the purpose of playing in those conditions?
just to remain on schedule?

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:50 AM
When he plays Federer he seems more subdued of late though. It is almost like he has thrown in the towel on their rivalry. I was surprised how emotionless he was in the U.S open final when he was having his *** handed to him.

BiGGieStuFF
11-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Well it had just started raining at about 11:45 and the score was 4-2 in the 2nd. It was still pretty packed until that rain delay. I don't know how many people stuck around for the rest but most left after that last rain delay. Best match of the tourney so far has been Henman-Roddick. Tonight should be awesome. Safin-Roddick

@wright
11-18-2004, 06:52 AM
Will they show Safin/Roddick tonight on ESPN2? Does anyone know?

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Not many stuck around and what a waste because the best of whole match was played in the last game.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:55 AM
The Henman-Roddick match wasnt very good since Henman didnt play well at all. So far the best match of the tournament was Hewitt vs Moya in my opinion.

BiGGieStuFF
11-18-2004, 06:57 AM
When he plays Federer he seems more subdued of late though. It is almost like he has thrown in the towel on their rivalry. I was surprised how emotionless he was in the U.S open final when he was having his *** handed to him. Just seems he can't anticipate Federer's strokes. None of Hewitt's shots put Roger back on his heels. It seems like Roger knows Hewitt's game inside and out cuz even when he hits what would be a winner, Roger is right there ready to return it. It was a pretty dominant showing from Roger. I can see why so many people say he's an amazing player. To see it in person is a joy. One thing about Roger that I noticed that some of the other players weren't doing except for maybe henman to some extent is that Roger moves you laterally and back and forth with different depth as well. He's just amazing

BiGGieStuFF
11-18-2004, 07:00 AM
The Henman-Roddick match wasnt very good since Henman didnt play well at all. So far the best match of the tournament was Hewitt vs Moya in my opinion. I thought the roddick-henman match was real good. Henman had the points to win it, but he just couldn't convert on some of roddick's great some lucky shots. He had every opportunity to win it but it's not like Henman lost it to Roddick. I admit it was a bit sloppy for most of the 1st set though.

Marius_Hancu
11-18-2004, 07:02 AM
[It seems like Roger knows Hewitt's game inside and out cuz even when he hits what would be a winner, Roger is right there ready to return it.

Oups, major trouble for Hewitt. Let's hope that at least Fed won't tell the details of returning Hewitt's shots to the other guys in the locker room:-)). Not that the others would be able to duplicate Fed's anticipation and movement.

BiGGieStuFF
11-18-2004, 07:04 AM
[It seems like Roger knows Hewitt's game inside and out cuz even when he hits what would be a winner, Roger is right there ready to return it.

Oups, major trouble for Hewitt. Let's hope that at least Fed won't tell the details of returning Hewitt's shots to the other guys in the locker room:-)). Not that the others would be able to duplicate Fed's anticipation and movement. yeah there were some shots that me and my cousin were ready to clap for hewitt just to see roger hit it back and put hewitt back on defense and then he comes in and puts away a weak return.

SydW
11-18-2004, 07:07 AM
\One thing about Roger that I noticed that some of the other players weren't doing except for maybe henman to some extent is that Roger moves you laterally and back and forth with different depth as well. He's just amazing

Good observation also his abilities of changing pace was amazing.

Marius_Hancu
11-18-2004, 07:14 AM
\One thing about Roger that I noticed that some of the other players weren't doing except for maybe henman to some extent is that Roger moves you laterally and back and forth with different depth as well. He's just amazing

Good observation also his abilities of changing pace was amazing.

Well, he brings you at the net with those angled crosses, FHs and BHs with heavy, heavy topspin, which land in the service area and then he kills you with the next shot.

Or, on BH, sends you a slice down the line, but safe (not at the limit of the court), vicious, bending you down, and then when you are barely recovered and on your four feet, kills you with the DTL topspin drive.

VashTheStampede
11-18-2004, 08:03 AM
At least he wasn't bageled by Fed in this match unlike all Hewitt's other matches against Roger. (in all of the Hewitt vs. Fed matches in 2004, Roger bageled him at least once.)

ty slothrop
11-18-2004, 08:36 AM

that was the plan, as advertised by cliffy and crew. but espn has yet to stick to the matches they bill for ANY of their night broadcasts, either out of incompetence or caprice. personally, I am hoping they cut to broadcasting the williams family picnic in Chicago last night...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-041117tenniswilliamssisters,1,2536845.story?coll=c s-home-headlines

for those unwilling to register, here's a slice of what you're missing:

"We have been under some circumstances not under our control," Venus said Wednesday during a Chicago appearance to kick off World Children's Day at McDonald's and a three-city Williams Sisters Tennis Tour that included an exhibition match between the two at the UIC Pavilion. "But we are still hands down the best when it comes down to ability, there is no question about it.

"You see other players trying to do what we do and no one can do what we do. We'll be healthy next year and ready to go at it again."

perfmode
11-18-2004, 08:54 AM

that was the plan, as advertised by cliffy and crew. but espn has yet to stick to the matches they bill for ANY of their night broadcasts, either out of incompetence or caprice. personally, I am hoping they cut to broadcasting the williams family picnic in Chicago last night...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-041117tenniswilliamssisters,1,2536845.story?coll=c s-home-headlines

for those unwilling to register, here's a slice of what you're missing:

"We have been under some circumstances not under our control," Venus said Wednesday during a Chicago appearance to kick off World Children's Day at McDonald's and a three-city Williams Sisters Tennis Tour that included an exhibition match between the two at the UIC Pavilion. "But we are still hands down the best when it comes down to ability, there is no question about it.

"You see other players trying to do what we do and no one can do what we do. We'll be healthy next year and ready to go at it again."

Why are you posting that in this thread?

gts072
11-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Federer owns Hewitt at the moment.

JohnThomas1
11-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Federer owns EVERYONE at the moment. Hewitts not going toooooo bad, he's sitting on the second or third rung on the planet. Not to bad a standard.

VashTheStampede
11-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Hewitt's not doing bad at all, he just had to face the federer.

BiGGieStuFF
11-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Hewitt's not doing bad at all, he just had to face the federer. Yeah everyone in the other group is lucky they don't have to face him :). It's like only 1 slot up for grabs in Roger's group.