PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to predict

davey25
11-18-2004, 05:46 AM
I dont think he will win both events, but I just wanted to say if Roddick were to win the Masters title and the Davis Cup final the ATP and ITF will name his as player of the year; and demonstrate their ridiciculous bias. They will come up with the argument he finished the year so strong and the rest of his year was good so he deserves it. :roll:

ty slothrop
11-18-2004, 05:48 AM
did the ATP and ITF name p-mac and b-gil director behind my back?

rhubarb
11-18-2004, 05:53 AM
When there's another player with three grand slam wins this season, there'll be no question of Roddick getting it, even if he wins the TMC final 6-0 6-0 6-0.

davey25
11-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Fortunately or unfortunately, it is hard to say, since I love to proven right, it likely wont happen. However it is does I will be right, mark my words.

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:17 AM
Why are you so obsessed with who gets what awards? Getting upset over things that won't happen (as you agree Roddick won't win both) is rather pathetic, don't you think?

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:20 AM
I enjoy ridiculing the biases of the ATP and ITF, and their corruption, and their lack of integrity, just like figure skating fans like ridiculing the bias and corruption of Cinquanta. If you dont like that I couldnt give a s$%t quite frankly.

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:24 AM
Go ahead and continue the ridiculing, just perharps many here also don't give a **** about all these useless predictions which you continue to start new threads for.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:27 AM
If they do fine, if they dont I can also live with that. Believe me I am not going to mourn if you dont. Many threads fall flat, some of mine do occasionally but no more than the norm. Many of what you probably consider "useless predictions" threads actually get alot of responses.

Your comment about not caring who wins an award is also stupid. Of course sports fans want to see the best people win awards. It is ridiculous to see somebody who is not the best win because of the politics and biases behind the scenes, and then get praised and admired for it.

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:30 AM
If they do fine, if they dont I can also live with that. Believe me I am not going to mourn if you dont.

Your comment about not caring who wins an award is also stupid. Of course sports fans want to see the best people win awards. It is ridiculous to see somebody who is not the best win because of the politics and biases behind the scenes, and then get praised and admired for it.

Yes people care we care I care but I'm just not sure if I care enough with those scenarios you suggested that's not likely to happen and continue to ***** about it.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:35 AM
Funny that you care enough to post 3 seperate responses on a thread when you say maybe here don't give a @#$% about all the useless predictions I continue to start threads for.

The scenario may happen, it is ridiculous, and I am very happy to ***** about it since the ITF and ATP deserve it for the extreme bias and corruptiveness I feel they have. :evil: Plus if it does happen I want people to remember I am the one who predicted it. :twisted:

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:47 AM
I post to ***** about your obsession, is that ok then?

Honestly I came to this thread wondering what's in here since I couldn't tell from the title. If you made it clear there, I probably won't even bother to click.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Fair enough. ***** about my obsession but I dont apologize for *****ing about the ITF and ATP, and their bias to overrated players like Roddick, ok. :roll:

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:51 AM
Just a suggestion, why not then pick something more concrete to ***** about them then, sure you have many since you are so sure about their bias? Might make more sense and gets better response than prediction such as this.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Because this is one of my last opportunities to state this in case Roddick doesnt win the year-end final. If he loses it it will be too late. Plus this is around the time of year I remember their choices last year and I like to rake them over the coals for my belief on their bias and corrupt judgements when it comes to the awards, and exactly how biased and outrageous I really think they are.

davey25
11-18-2004, 06:58 AM
By the way are you from Sydney, Australia?

SydW
11-18-2004, 06:59 AM
Honestly if your basis on them being bias and corrupted is because of last year, I think your case is rather weak. Could have been either and I won't say giving it to Andy, the then no.1 was too corrupted.

davey25
11-18-2004, 07:02 AM
I agree it could have been justified either way last year however them giving it in a close decision to their favorite player is a no-brainer; just like them looking for any excuse to give it to their favorite player in a year he clearly doesnt deserve it but they can find any basis they can scrape up is predictable. If Roddick were Federer last year, and Federer were Roddick, the result would still have been Roddick; just as if Roddick were Federer the awards would be in the bag, but they probably are on the edge of their seats praying for an excuse.

SydW
11-18-2004, 07:04 AM
I'm going to stop here now with this. Do we know for sure if Federer were Roddick position last year, they will give it to Roddick still? Maybe you do but I don't so honestly I see no point in arguing over things I won't know for sure.

Max G.
11-18-2004, 08:46 AM
I agree it could have been justified either way last year however them giving it in a close decision to their favorite player is a no-brainer; just like them looking for any excuse to give it to their favorite player in a year he clearly doesnt deserve it but they can find any basis they can scrape up is predictable. If Roddick were Federer last year, and Federer were Roddick, the result would still have been Roddick; just as if Roddick were Federer the awards would be in the bag, but they probably are on the edge of their seats praying for an excuse.

Last year, it was close, so they WENT BY THE POINTS! Roddick was #1, Fed was #2, and that was that. If Federer had overtaken Roddick, then he would have gotten Player of the Year.

For the record, if Roddick did win both the TMC and the Davis Cup (which he won't - I'd guess he won't do either one), player of the year would still go to Federer.

Kevin Patrick
11-18-2004, 08:57 AM
davey,
you really need to relax. You obviously are a big fan with great knowledge of the game, but your conspiracy theories are absurd.
You've started several threads that state you believe Roddick got the player of the year from the ITF last year because of 'an american bias.' Even the hardcore Federer fans on the board said you were way off the mark, yet you continue to harp on it.
Face it, both Federer & Roddick had similar years, so it would make sense to give it to the player who finished #1.
You mentioned that Lendl finished #1 in 89, but the ITF gave it to Becker. I don't see the similarity in '03 to '89 at all, Becker won 2 majors, Lendl won 1. Both Federer & Roddick won 1. Give it a rest, I'm sure Federer didn't feel the least bit slighted when he didn't win the award last year.

Just out of curiousity, what country do you currently live in?

SydW
11-18-2004, 09:13 AM
By the way are you from Sydney, Australia?

No I'm not, that wouldn't be my username that gives you the thought would it? Or I speak with down under slang? My username has nothing to do with where I come from.

You spend too much time on useless speculation :wink:

davey25
11-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Well since the 2000 Olympics were in Australia I was curious to ask somebody who is from there what they were like. I assume they would have gone to many of the facilities and events.
I did not really think you were, but anybody that there might be a small chance they were I was curious to ask. Yes it was the first part of your name that did not make me think you were likely from there, just slightly hopeful.

The bottom line is watch if Roddick does win the year-end event and Davis Cup, which he may not, but watch if he does. He will be named the ITF and ATP player of the year and I will be hear to remind everybody that I called it beforehand. Just wait and see, my forecast will be justified if the circumstancs play out. No I don't know for fact they would have given Federer the award if Roddick and Federer switched last year, but it is common sense.

I am from Canada, the country of pathetic swimmers and tennis players, but great hockey players and curlers. By the way Kevin Patrick, some Federer fans on the message boards I have gone on disagree with me but there are many that have agreed too. Did Roger feel slighted? He said he didnt because he is a class act, that doesnt mean he didnt. Maybe he realizes the ATP and ITF association are such corrupt, uncredable, biased, manipulative people to pay them no mind though.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Wow, now that most of me wants Roddick to win neither the Masters Cup final or the Davis Cup final, another part of me now wants him to win both. I wonder how those of you who dismiss my conspiracy theories would react if Roddick won the Masters final and Davis Cup final and was named the ATP and ITF player of the year over Federer. Your explanations to justify it, which I am sure you would all try to do would be very interesting indeed.

SydW
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
I can only say, you are irritating but in a funny way really.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks, I guess :o Tell me if my scenario comes true will you admit there is conspiracy among the ITF and ATP?

SydW
11-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Yes I most certainly will but the thing is to be honest with you, Roddick can go on and win TMC and DC, he will not get the player of the award.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Well like I said a part of me hope he wins both just to have the answer revealed. Unfortunately or fortunately, since a part of me always doesnt like him winning important events, he probably wont and it will remain a mystery.

SydW
11-19-2004, 11:24 AM
To you is a mystery, to me really isn't ;)

chad shaver
11-19-2004, 11:25 AM
davey,

Go back on your meds, man.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Too bad the situation probably doesnt happen so I cant be proven right. Oh well, maybe another year. :twisted: