PDA

View Full Version : Spadea on Davis Cup Team....

VictorS.
11-18-2004, 09:24 PM
and could still perhaps play in the #2 singles spot if he plays well in practice, according to P-Mac.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=11796&bannerregi on=

BreakPoint
11-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Good for Spadea! It's about time! Did P. Mac mention this on the air at all today during ESPN's Master's Cup coverage?

Vlad
11-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Now, US has a slight chance in my book....

VictorS.
11-18-2004, 11:18 PM
It's nice to see Spadea on the squad. But man, I really wish Agassi was on board. I know he wants to give the young guys a chance to shine. But seriously, he has a duty to American tennis. Mardy Fish has no chance in hell of winning a match on clay against the spai*****. Agassi, I think, would maybe even be a favorite against JC Ferrero (the way he's been playing as of late).

Max G.
11-18-2004, 11:34 PM
It's nice to see Spadea on the squad. But man, I really wish Agassi was on board. I know he wants to give the young guys a chance to shine. But seriously, he has a duty to American tennis. Mardy Fish has no chance in hell of winning a match on clay against the spai*****. Agassi, I think, would maybe even be a favorite against JC Ferrero (the way he's been playing as of late).

Agassi doesn't want to play Davis Cup, and hasn't for a couple of years now.

Feņa14
11-19-2004, 04:26 AM
As a neutral I want the best possible final, I would like Spadea involved to achieve that (As long as he doesn't beat Ferrero :wink: )

@wright
11-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Thank goodness we have Spadea instead of Ginepri, the wannabe thug. I am happy for Spadea, the Italian gladiatea.

gmlasam
11-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Thank goodness we have Spadea instead of Ginepri, the wannabe thug. I am happy for Spadea, the Italian gladiatea.Amen!!! Spadea indeed deserves a spot in the Davis Cup. Did Pmac change his mind due to flack about shelving Spadea?

rafael
11-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Why is PMac even the coach? How is he qualified over anyone else? He doesn't exactly come off as a tennis grandmaster.

VictorS.
11-19-2004, 06:18 PM
P-Mac obviously is well-connected within the tennis community I would assume, which probably helps. However, I think he's a definitely a good tennis mind. As a player, he was an overachiever...oftentimes out-thinking his opponents.

Would it be out of the question to have a guy like Brad Gilbert as captain? Or would that be of conflicting interest since he's already the coach to the team's #1 player? P-Mac's not a bad choice though..