PDA

View Full Version : The technical reasons for a faster swing on the backhand(?)

altawolfe
02-20-2004, 05:27 PM
When hitting a twohander is it advantageous to take a fuller cut.
Feel free to explain the general relationship, if any, between head speed and successful execution (for this stroke).

corbind
10-29-2012, 09:04 PM
From 8 years ago:

1,200+ views
0 replies

Amazing nobody knows the answer...

treblings
10-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Amazing nobody knows the answer...

iīm not sure i even understand the question:)
what is he/she asking? whether it is better to hit harder?
too bad he/she isnīt around anymore to explain

vil
10-29-2012, 11:18 PM
OP is probably playing golf by now since after 1200 views and no answer he didn't bother clarifying his question. I don't know how about you but I struggle to understand what he's asking for. Am I alone?..........nope:)

Mongolmike
10-30-2012, 05:44 AM
I thought this was common knowledge.... the OP asked one of the 3 questions that will automatically get you banned here on TW forum. Even answering one of the 3 forbidden questions will get you a 3 day vacation from the site. Do NOT answer the question. And do not ask what the other 2 forbidden questions are... it will get you banned. Do not risk it.

treblings
10-30-2012, 06:04 AM
I thought this was common knowledge.... the OP asked one of the 3 questions that will automatically get you banned here on TW forum. Even answering one of the 3 forbidden questions will get you a 3 day vacation from the site. Do NOT answer the question. And do not ask what the other 2 forbidden questions are... it will get you banned. Do not risk it.

nice:):):)

a three day vacation from the site would probably be a good thing.
let me think about it
in the meantime, what are the other two questions?

Mongolmike
10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
http://youtu.be/y2R3FvS4xr4

user92626
10-30-2012, 08:54 AM

Hehe
Where's the Like button? :)

I was actually hoping that Toly would come in with all the graphs and numbers to explain the relationship.

AnotherTennisProdigy
10-30-2012, 09:34 AM
I wonder if he still plays tennis.

LeeD
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Does Corbind know the answer? Or is he searching old threads?
My take... since most 2hbh's are lefty forehands, the leverage is less, so natural swing speed is slower, but you have more control with both hands and the use of the torso twist, so you don't need to swing FASTER, you just hit the ball more solid, less brushing, using a cross between modern lefty forehand and older school closed or neutral stances.

rufus_smith
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Its a matter of opinion, isn't it?. My wife prefers to use fuller two-handed strokes but I prefer her to use greater head speed and ball brushing for the most successful execution.

sundaypunch
10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
OP is probably playing golf by now since after 1200 views and no answer he didn't bother clarifying his question. I don't know how about you but I struggle to understand what he's asking for. Am I alone?..........nope:)

1200 views with no answers was the beginning of his downward spiral. The rejection led to a bad attitude, getting banned here, depression, meth addiction, crime and finally jail.

Someone could have at least told him to do a search.............