PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Cheap racquets (By cheap I mean the price)

!<-_->!
11-19-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm looking for the following racquets for cheap:

1. (2) Wilson Tour 90 45/8: $50-$70 shipped for both
2. (1-2) Head Pro Tour 280 45/8: $20-$30 a piece shipped
3. (2) Pro Kennex 5G PSE 45/8: $45-$65 shipped for both
4. (2) Head i.Prestige Mid 45/8: $50-$70 shipped for both
5. (2) Yonex RDX 500 Mid 45/8: $60-$90 shipped for both

Yes yes, I know these prices are quite rediculous. However, I have acquired goods at this price and am just looking to repeat it. Condition, obviously, does not need to be perfect. As long as they're not cracked or scratched into the graphite, that'll be fine. The Tour 90's and 5G PSE need to have their leather grips. If you have pictures, that would be even better. If anyone can accomodate my request, email me at spnutball405@aol.com

Thank you.

mrwise
11-19-2004, 04:12 AM
Do you have any of the rackets that you have "gotten at these prices" for sale? I would be interested in buying some of them if so...

t-serve
11-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Why don't you just ask for someone to GIVE them away.

!<-_->!
11-19-2004, 07:45 PM
In response to mrwise, no I do not as I don't have any extra racquets. Just have the ones I play with and some old cracked racquets.

And to t-serv-e: sure, if anyone has any racquets they don't want, I'll gladly take them.

mrwise
11-20-2004, 08:38 AM
I am sorry to hear that you don't have any extra rackets...I was looking to get an unrealistic deal.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 01:17 PM
I am sorry to hear that you don't have any extra rackets...I was looking to get an unrealistic deal.

Haha. Zing!

!<-_->!
11-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Whatever, I don't expext to be getting many replies to this anyway. And I most certainly do not want to start any controversy. I'll just be patient and see if anyone has something that fits the requirements I mentioned.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Whatever, I don't expext to be getting many replies to this anyway. And I most certainly do not want to start any controversy. I'll just be patient and see if anyone has something that fits the requirements I mentioned.

HAHA

Ryoma Kun
11-20-2004, 03:47 PM
while we're on this, does anyone want to sell me

2 ps original 6.0 85's for 50 shipped

or....

2 slazenger probraided henmans for 40?

if someones willing ot give me a deal on quality racquet the grip size doesnt even matter to me, neither does the leather grip, heck, u can keep the bags too if u want!!!

perfmode
11-20-2004, 04:05 PM
While we're on the subject, does anyone want to sell me

(2) Head LM Prestige's in 9/10 condition for $30?

lol @ this sh--.

mrwise
11-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Ryoma,
I have three PS original 6.0 85's that were used by Pete Sampras. One still has some grass in it left over from Wimbledon, another has clay from the French, and the third was smashed into the asphalt at the US. Pete wrote his name on all three for me. Let me know if you are interested. I could probably go $15.00 for each shipped. But if you buy all three I can do $40 for the trio. I will check with !&lt;-_->! first. I think he should get top priority in this offer, but this may be out of his price range. Let me know if anyone else has any good offers like this available.

!<-_->!
11-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Geeze, I never meant for this to turn out to be a joke. Just cause I want to look for cheap stuff that may seem absurd to others does not mean you guys have to jump on this thread. If you guys have such a big problem with me and the prices I have asked, why bother in responding so many times?

And in response to all, there have been people on these boards who have sold racquets at those prices. My PT 280s were acquired on these boards for 50 shipped for a pair. Someone a couple of weeks ago sold 2 More Precision MPs for 25 shipped. And about a month ago, someone sold a pair of old 5g's for 10. So it's not like these low prices haven't occured before. So I just ask for you guys, basically the 3-4 of you who keep responding to this thread, to just stop kidding around about the prices I'm asking for.

Thank You

mrwise
11-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Does this mean you don't want the rackets?

Richie Rich
11-22-2004, 06:35 AM
I know it's ridiculous but if he gets the racquets he wants at his price then more power to him. I wouldn't sell but there are some that would. Can't blame him for trying.

Ronaldo
11-22-2004, 06:58 AM
If you want cheap racquets, this is the season

match
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
why dont you just post the following .....

I am looking for money cheap:

1. 2 five dollar bills for $3 (includes shipping)
2. 3 ten dollar bills for $5 (includes shipping)
3. 4 twenty dollar bills for $10 (includes shipping)

yes yes i know i am a idiot but what the hell maybe someone who has no brain would help?
ok thanks

raftermania
12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Geeze, the guy is just trying to save some money - give him a break. Not everyone has money flowing out of their @@$s

Just another example of the financial barriers of tennis, a kid whos got talent but can only afford a Walmart Wilson isn't going to get far.
]
Tennis is very accessible for beginner play, but to play competitively you really need to shell out the dough!

finchy
12-03-2004, 09:21 PM
what is aass?

perfmode
12-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Geeze, the guy is just trying to save some money - give him a break. Not everyone has money flowing out of their @@$s

Just another example of the financial barriers of tennis, a kid whos got talent but can only afford a Walmart Wilson isn't going to get far.
]
Tennis is very accessible for beginner play, but to play competitively you really need to shell out the dough!

He's just being a nerd. The kid already has racquets. He's trying to be cool by stocking up on players' frames.

And how do you know he's got talent? Kids with talent have things called sponsors and "preferred player packages". If you have potential, tennis isn't very expensive.

ps. Don't derail this thread with a series of pointless rebuttals.

raftermania
12-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey man, my example about walmart racquets was a more generalized statement. I think it's common knowledge that the mass majority of top players come from well off families.

I don't know about this guy. But I relate to him in trying to get racquets at those prices. Anything is worth a try that causes no harm, but in this case it looks like harm was done as some people were seriously offended.

ps. The thread was already "derailed" when a bunch of people starting flaming him

perfmode
12-04-2004, 06:44 AM
ps. The thread was already "derailed" when a bunch of people starting flaming him

True. This thread was never on track to begin w/.

!<-_->!
12-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Can everyone just please responding to this thread unless it's something serious that pertains to the original post. Although at this rate, I don't think there's anything serious at all anymore going into this thread.

Raftermania, I would like to thank you deeply, as your one of the few who posts the positives rather than just quickly bashing me.

To perfmode, it is true that I already own a pair of racquets. However, I want to get a couple of other frames because I want to try them for a long duration of time. Therefore, it would be difficult to use TW demo program if I want to demo for extensive amounts of time. Therefore, I would like to acquire them for cheap. I most definately am not doing this to be cool. Not sure how you concluded to that.

Lastly, I would like to think anyone who knows how to play the sport, regardless at what level, has talent. It just depends on what extent that talent is. Personally, I think I have a decent game, nothing spectacular, but I can play. I only want cheap frames because I'm in school and I have no time at all to work.

So I reiterate myself, please stop the unecessary bashing in this thread.

Thank you.