PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell is Going on with Gaudio?

gmlasam
11-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Gaudio and Hewitt match is on right now at ESPN2, and the match is terrible. Gaudio is not even putting any effort. Agassi should of been in this tournament instead of Gaudio.

drakulie
11-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Gaudio is a "One Slam Wonder". Nothing really wrong with him. He is playing to the best of his abilities, which are not in the same category as the other players at the Championships. Agree that it would of been more competitive with Agassi there.

I do not feel Coria should be there either.

davey25
11-19-2004, 11:08 AM
If it were on clay Gaudio would be competitive. Even if his French Open win was an upset he is one of the eight best on clay for sure. He always beats Hewitt on clay. Would probably beat Agassi most of the time on clay. Probably Roddick as well.

BiGGieStuFF
11-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Well when I was watching Gaudio-Moya. It looked like Gaudio might have tweaked something in his groin or leg. He was moving really well the 1st set and then completely lost mobility in the 2nd set. He might be nursing an injury he doesn't want to show but he definitely wasn't moving well at all.

JohnThomas1
11-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Hewitt is 1-3 against Gaudio on clay Dave. All 3 matches are 04.

TwistServe
11-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Nothing wrong with Gaudio.. He's a great player but his surface is clay. He beats lots of t0p d0gs on clay. He would spank roddick on clay.. Roddick can't even get past 2nd round of the french :P

K!ck5w3rvE
11-19-2004, 03:09 PM
If it were on clay Gaudio would be competitive.
Of course he would. He won the FO. He would be the favorite to win, because Coria has been out injured. Gaudio is easily a better clay court player than Federer.

Would probably beat Agassi most of the time on clay. Probably Roddick as well.
French Open
On Clay
Agassi lost in the 1st round
Roddick lost in the early rounds as well (2nd I think)

Gaudio won. So its more than 'probably'.[/b]

clubfed
11-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Federer holds a 3-0 record against Gaudio with 2 of the wins being on the clay. In 2003 Federer beat Gaudio in Gstaad and this year on his way to winning the Hamburg Masters 6-1, 5-7, 6-4. Going by the past results I don't know if you can say that Gaudio is easily a better clay court player than Federer!!!