PDA

View Full Version : HEWITT vs RODDICK in the Semis!

Lee
11-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Can't wait!! Been waiting for this matchup for the longest time. It's kinda weird how they only played against each other once this year, with Roddick barely beating Hewitt...

On the other hand, Hewitt's rout of Gaudio just showed how weak Gaudio is on the hard surface.. he hasn't won a damn set in this tournament :(

Vlad
11-19-2004, 12:56 PM
I give edge to Roddick. I mean when he was a kid he could still stay head to head with Hewitt.

Lee
11-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Yes I think Roddick's serve and forehand would be too much for Hewitt's game to handle

TwistServe
11-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Hewitt will have a 70% probability.. Only way roddick can win is if he's really on. If Roddick isn't on, he's serve won't be a threat and his forehand will keep sailing long.. Hewitt on the other case, is always on.. He'll probably win.

VashTheStampede
11-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Tough call on this one. It could go either way. Either way, I hope for a good match.

Tennis Guy
11-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Hewitt will have a 70% probability.. Only way roddick can win is if he's really on. If Roddick isn't on, he's serve won't be a threat and his forehand will keep sailing long.. Hewitt on the other case, is always on.. He'll probably win.
Even if it isn't on, Roddick's serve is deadly.

degreefanlindi
11-19-2004, 01:42 PM
I am also looking forward to the Hewitt-Roddick match. Both are great players and I really hope Hewitt wins...would love to see that. I think Hewitt's win today was more about the way Gaudio played (very sluggishly) than anything dominating from Hewitt's end unfortunately..but he should still have some momentum heading into the Roddick match.

moosryan
11-19-2004, 01:44 PM
this is gonna be great...i have been a roddic fan for years, but have just recently started becoming a hewitt fan after seeing him live and just absolutely awed by his effort that he puts into the game. that is how the game is supposed to be played. hewitt played alright today, but gaudio just didn't have it.,

Jayzzz
11-19-2004, 06:32 PM
I predict this will be very close, but Roddick will come ahead. Hewitt will have major trouble trying to break Roddick when he serves.

Steve Dykstra
11-19-2004, 07:48 PM
does anyone know how important this match is for the #2 ranking? Has Roddick clinched it yet, also, can safin still pull in at #2 if he beats hewitt in the finals?

alienhamster
11-19-2004, 07:59 PM
I think Hewitt can become #2 only by winning the whole thing. Ain't gonna happen, unless Federer's head falls off.

I don't think Safin can get to #2 now, but maybe it's still mathematically possible.

rafael
11-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Considering hewitt cleaned the court against J.Johansan I would say hewitt has a very good chance against roddick. I will be rooting for him.

BiGGieStuFF
11-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Being that Hewitt started the tournament behind 43 points. Each round robin win is 20 points and Roddick has won 3 compared to Hewitt's 2 leaving him now behind by 63 points. Hewitt would have to dispose of Roddick and win the finals. Gonna be hard but he has a chance. Semifinal win is worth 40 which would cut it to 23 and finals win is 50 points.

JohnThomas1
11-20-2004, 01:32 AM
This is one of the more interesting matchups available at the top of the tennis tree. They haven't played each other much of late and at the end of the day are probably playing for the number two spot in the world in this match and upcoming ones. I'll go for Hewitt but it really is a pickem' affair.

CoASH
11-20-2004, 03:44 AM
hewitt will win roddick easy

my prediction: unforced errors from roddick will kill him

James Brown
11-20-2004, 06:13 AM
CoASH, thats the ONLY way hewitt CAN win. but the thing is, roddick has been serving very well with a nice high % and making crucial serves and his backhand has been on fire this tournament. It no longer looks as weak. Well have to see, but roddick in straights unless hewitt is REALLY fired up

davey25
11-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Roddick can only hit backhand winners against somebody who comes to the net like Henman. Against Safin and Coria he barely had any. Hewitt wont come in and he will pass Roddick if he tries to come in. He can also return Roddicks serve and hold serve if he keeps his own unforced errors down. Unless Hewitt is serving poorly and making alot of forehand errors Hewitt will win.

pound cat
11-20-2004, 07:36 AM
The winner of each semi will earn $375,000 US on top of what they've already earned this week. Quick, everyone, run out and hire a coach.

CoASH
11-20-2004, 01:04 PM
perhaps I should change my nick to nostradamus

CoASH
11-20-2004, 01:05 PM
oh yeah....I am the prophet

david aames
11-20-2004, 03:23 PM
I wish Hewitt would spend that money on good manners. That dirty looks/come on act on top of being inconsiderate is now really tired.

The winner of each semi will earn $375,000 US on top of what they've already earned this week. Quick, everyone, run out and hire a coach.

CoASH
11-20-2004, 03:53 PM
haha someone is jealous of the aussie come on act.

tennis is tennis. the point is to make every shot. if it's not against the rules it's fine. i don't want to use the word sulker