PDA

View Full Version : No Love for the Pro Kennex Core 1 #6?

womackD
03-19-2004, 11:02 AM
I recently got to hit with this racket, and it has to be one the best sticks for 2004. If you play with Volkl rackets, specifically the C10, Tour 10, or V Engine 10, this racket is right up your alley. I like the Volkl sticks, but the overally dampend feel doesnt suit my tastes.. The Pro Kennex feels like a C10 clone in your hand and through the air, but has a stiffer upper hoop and more feedback.

I am surprised that this racket hasn't gained more of a following on these boards with all of the advanced level "purists" who visit here. It defenitly plays and feels better than the Diablo MP which seems to get all the attention.. In my opinion, this is the one of the best player's rackets that has seemed to slip under the "radar".

Progressive10s
03-19-2004, 11:16 AM
It's all about money and marketing. Didn't Pro Kennex just reorganize? I love the feel of the Pro Kennex 5G, but I haven't tried the PSE series yet. These are great racquets, but you cannot find them at your pro shop. If Pro Kennex had some pros playing their sticks, people would take notice. As a player who started in the late 60s who wants the traditional feel, these racquets are right up my alley. They also appeal to me because of my elbow problems.

carlosrothstein
03-19-2004, 11:51 AM
I agree is one of the best frames all around, for the purist like you said has everything on it, which string did you have on it???.

python
03-19-2004, 12:08 PM
PK frames are just hard to find except through the Internet. I can't think of a single PK dealer in my area.

Like many people, I usually demo a racquet before I buy it, so that leaves PK out of the picture. I know TW has a good demo program, but shipping racquets back and forth just seems like a hassle to me.

Perhaps if PK racquets had any resale value (do they?) I'd be interested in buying one for an extended demo and then selling it if things don't work out.

galain
03-19-2004, 04:35 PM
The Core 1 #6 is probably the best racquet I have swung in the past 5 years. For anyone who likes an older style feel to their frame, it's a very hard one to go past.

Tennisute
03-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Hey Python, **** always has a few PK's for sale. Try the 7G, it will surprise you after the 5G. That 1/2 inch makes a big difference in the serve.

The TW demo program is great, couldn't be easier and cheaper to ship back in a week. The price is great when you consider its strung correctly and you can turn around and buy it instantly at TW.

Technifibre NRG 16 is one of the longest lasting, easiest on the arm and inexpensive strings out there. My stringer lives 4 doors away so we experiment and after a year Technifibre is a perfect combo. NRG 18 lasted 8 days once for me! NRG 17 lasted two weeks, 16 lasts at least two months, doesn't lose a ton of tension and is consistent.

The Gamma contour grip is a good match for the PK, I was lucky to hear from the PK rep, great guy that dialed me in.

sinoslav
03-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Sounds interesting! But can someone explain how the hardwood spine is supposed to work and why it's more than just another gimmick?