Safin
6-2, 7-6
He's into the semis, Lets go Safin!!

VashTheStampede
11-19-2004, 06:26 PM
So Safin's against Fed now?

Jayzzz
11-19-2004, 06:27 PM
What the??? I thought the match was at 10:30pm EST on ESPN tonight? The match already occured? Doh, oh well, at least i'll get to see the match tonight.

VashTheStampede
11-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Safin vs. Fed, I'm psyched up about this match.

VictorS.
11-19-2004, 06:41 PM
I think Federer's a tad vulnerable after seeing him struggle (just a little) against Moya. If Safin can play like he's played against Agassi and Hewitt recently, I definitely think he's got a shot. But as we all know....Federer rises to the occasion against big-time players. I gotta think Federer's the favorite until a top10 player finally beats him.

I'm pulling for Safin though.

BiGGieStuFF
11-19-2004, 07:19 PM
I just hope hewitt doesnt win. He's been getting whupped by Federer quite a bit and just doesn't have any weapons that can hurt Federer anymore. Federer has improved big time over the times Hewitt has beat him before.

VictorS.
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
well, as a fan...you can't really ask for more. You have the top 4 players in the world making the semifinals. Hopefully we're in for some high-quality tennis.

andorky
11-19-2004, 07:55 PM
right before they showed it on espn they had the breaking news about the nba fight. LOL, that was hilarious footage.

Vlad
11-19-2004, 09:44 PM
That first set that Marat won he played some of his best tennis and it reminded me of his match against Sampras. He simply blew Tim off the court. Second set was very close and Marat looked a little bit tired in the middle but then raised his level just to pull through.

Type40
11-19-2004, 10:07 PM
The uso final where safin beat Sampras was one of the most impressive performances I've seen from anybody, if he can get back to that form, it should be great to watch.
I'm really hoping for a safin federer final with safin on peak form.

Type40
11-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Damn, i jut remembered, Safin meets fed next, so he cant meet him in the final. Oh well. Still aught to be great.

serveboy
11-19-2004, 10:11 PM
An in-form Safin is certainly the biggest contender to King Federer's throne. The weapons are there; will the head remain as stable as it has been? Even at his best I feel comfortable in saying Federer will beat him. Federer is just too good. He can slug it out or throw tremendous variation. He's too fast, too powerful, and too smart.

If only Pete was still playing.

legkickbackhand
11-19-2004, 10:26 PM
What a freaking backhand this guy has. Unbelievable. Gets so low, stays so balanced. The swing is compact. He accelerates all the way through. Very, very good model to emulate. WOW!!!

Jayzzz
11-19-2004, 10:57 PM
right before they showed it on espn they had the breaking news about the nba fight. LOL, that was hilarious footage.
Yes it was! I can't decide which is more hilarious, that fat ***** getting clocked courtside by JO or that Pacer player bringing out a dustpan to fight off the fans. :lol: :lol:

Back on topic, Safin is very impressive. I still think Federer will dispose of him no problem. After all, didn't Roddick just beat Safin in 2 sets? He's good, but not the best.

sliceroni
11-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, coming from a Piston fan from metro-Detroit, that was quite embarrassing and a disgrace, the fans were not invited on the court and deserved to get socked by JO. Dude, I'll always be a Piston/Wings fan but when I relocate to Boston I won't miss the fans nor the city. Anyway, Safin should put up a good fight. The last time they played was in March and it wasn't a blow out, two tiebreaks. He'll certainly give him a better match than Roddick or Hewitt have this year. I doubt even the Safin that beat a fatigued Sampras would have a better chance. I've got that on tape and although Safin was playing a great match, Pete was a step slow..most evident if you watch that match and then compare it to the 2002 USO final where he was moving like the Pete of old up until the last set.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 05:46 AM
What the??? I thought the match was at 10:30pm EST on ESPN tonight? The match already occured? Doh, oh well, at least i'll get to see the match tonight.

I think there's tape delay.

davey25
11-20-2004, 06:19 AM
Safin couldnt even beat Roddick playing his best a few nights ago. He wont beat Fedex unless he is off form.

USO2000
11-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Safin definitely was not playing his best in his match against Roddick. He was not as good as he was in Paris or Madrid.

camelF4i
11-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Safin couldnt even beat Roddick playing his best a few nights ago. He wont beat Fedex unless he is off form.

Safin played a great match against Henman, he's learning to keep his composure and play his game even when Henman had several break chances.

I think that match with Safin vs Roddick, when you have a match that ends in nothing but tie-breakers, it's a pretty even game and could of definitely gone either way. Safin has definitely been playing way too much high quality tennis in the past couple of months, he's gotta be pretty tired.

In any case, in my opinion, I think out of these guys (Safin, Roddick, and Hewitt)...Safin has the best chance to challenge Federer. He'll need to get fired up and not let the fatigue get to him.

Feņa14
11-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Henman played very well. Safin is just too good at the moment for most players and it will be VERY interesting to see what he can do to Federer.

I am disappointed that Henman has got knocked out, but he just lost to the better player on the night.

As long as Roddick doesn't win the title I'll be happy. I like Hewitt, Federer and Safin so it's all good.

BiGGieStuFF
11-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Henman played very well. Safin is just too good at the moment for most players and it will be VERY interesting to see what he can do to Federer.

I am disappointed that Henman has got knocked out, but he just lost to the better player on the night.

As long as Roddick doesn't win the title I'll be happy. I like Hewitt, Federer and Safin so it's all good.

Roddick is going to pull out the greatest tennis of his life and win!!! J/k :lol: :lol: