PDA

View Full Version : Why do you guys only carry the major tennis racquet brands?

intense2b
11-20-2004, 04:35 AM
Why do you guys only carry the major tennis racquet brands? There are so many other great smaller company's out there who have some really great racquets but just cannot compete with the "big boys." Furthermore, I believe that you guys would stand to profit big time as well as I am sure these small companys would give you amazing deals for the chance to be on your site...thereby increasing your profit.

BreakPoint
11-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Well, they do carry Estusa, Fischer, ProKennex, and Slazenger, which not everyone carries. I would think they need to feel they can sell a large enough quantity of each brand to justify the carrying costs of keeping stock in inventory and also the additional costs incurred in establishing, maintaining, and supporting a relationship with another brand, including accounting, logistics, marketing, and customer support. They are a volume business after all, so if there's not enough demand for the smaller brands, it's probably not worthwhile for them to carry it and increase their overall costs (which might also force them to raise prices on other products to cover them). It's also possible that the major brands might exert some level of pressure on TW not to carry an unlimited number of brands. Anyway, we'll wait and see what official response TW has for you.

intense2b
11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi breakpoint,

estusa ,Fischer. Pro Kennex are definitely smaller than Wilson, head, Yonex etc etc.....but they are by no means small. When I say small I mean, Mitt, Mizuno, Topspin, X-45, Starr, or even Bancroft which just made a comeback. If you think about it...babolat used to be a lesser known company and it turned out to be a pretty good racquet. Technifibre also just came out with a racquet as well.....why won't tenniswarehouse carry it?

I also agree that that "big boys" would probably exert pressure if they carried lesser known brands.

BreakPoint
11-20-2004, 04:48 PM
I agree that Technifibre would be interesting since they do seem to have a pretty extensive line of racquets. However, I wonder what their distribution policies are for the U.S. market, especially Internet sales? I remember when some European brands, like Volkl and Fischer, had very restrictive policies towards Internet sales.

thomas martinez
11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok, Mizuno and Topspin no longer have distribution chains in the US. G-Starr is out of business, as for X-45 adn Mitt, not sure if they care to sell to big distributors. Years ago, it was tough to get a Mitt demo in a shop. In fact, I do not think we were able to do it, because they preferred to sell direct. Bancroft, Don has given his thoughts on before, and we shall see about TF.

intense2b
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Ok...two more:

1. the wish racquet... http://www.wishsport.com/

2. blackburne ...www.blackburneds.com

OnyxZ28
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
The MRTs at TW would probably hate anyone who ordered a DS! :lol:

perfmode
11-22-2004, 02:22 AM
they don't carry technifibre because it isn't sold in the us. they carry everything sold in the us.

TW Staff
11-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Tecnifibre racquets will be here in 2005 as soon as US distribution kicks in.
We are also looking at adding a couple of smaller racquet brands, but don't have anything ironed out yet.
We will post in the racquets forum when and if we add any new racquet brands.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Chris, TW.

chad shaver
11-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Anybody besides me think that the TW people are the greatest?

intense2b
11-22-2004, 07:18 PM
perfmode your signature is quite offensive:

51% x USA = FKNG RTRDD

How would you like it if I said 51% x FRA = Smelly people who dont bathe?