PDA

View Full Version : Roddick vs. Hewitt *spoiler* (edited subject)

antontd
11-20-2004, 11:47 AM
please Andy, don't cross the service line.

What was he trying to do? Prove that he can volley? Hewitt had him for breakfast - 6:3, 6:2. I can volley better than Roddick, seriously.

AceRbn15
11-20-2004, 12:12 PM
You know, try to be a little considerate and put *spoiler* on the subjectl ine, so I know you're going to reveal who wins. Cause for me, this match was coming on at 4:00, it's 3:10, and now i know who won. Thanks, really nice of you. I'd reply on how Roddick should play, but wait, i didn't see the match yet. Thanks again.

david7410
11-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Man, wtf... I was planning on watching this match tonight and I only clicked on this subject because I didn't see a *spoiler* tag. Man, ... thanks.

AceRbn15
11-20-2004, 12:17 PM
I can volley better than Roddick, seriously.
And no, you can't volley better than Roddick. Unless, all of a sudden i see you in the top 10 of the men's tour.

ibemadskillzz
11-20-2004, 12:20 PM
why didn't you put spoiler in the title? I was going to watch the match too. TW Staff please ban his ID and his IP address, so he can not talk on TW anymore. He even thinks his better than the pros. you just added the spoiler in the title, how sad.
thanks in advance

antontd
11-20-2004, 12:22 PM
sorry guys

gugafanatic
11-20-2004, 12:30 PM
What a jerk-off, My cosuin recorded the match for me and I was about to watch it tonight. I hope you get banned dude.

The tennis guy
11-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Give him a break. If you don't want to know about tennis, don't come to this board.

Thunnus
11-20-2004, 12:45 PM
I am sure it is hard to volley well against a world class passer like Hewitt, but Roddick does volley worse than some of 4.5 or 5.0 players I have seen. I guess I gotta still give him some credit for trying. He needs to hire a real coach that can teach him how to volley; his technique looks horrid too often. I read somewhere that Roger Federer wasn't that good at volleying until Langrin started working with him.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Give him a break. If you don't want to know about tennis, don't come to this board.

You're supposed to put *spoiler* in the title if you're posting about a recent match.

Luckily, I went to the masters cup site to find the schedule and on the front ****ing page, they showed the score and outcome. Now I'm ****ed off @ the masters site for ruining my match this afternoon. Whhopie. !!1!!

Golden Retriever
11-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Obviously, Andy is not the only one who couldn't have crossed the line.

rafael
11-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Andy had to cross the line, he knew he couldn't compete against hewitt from the base line. I really wish I had clicked on this discussion after the match was over, luckily I saw the first set before I did.

Metzler
11-20-2004, 02:21 PM
#3 and soon to be # 4, falling faster than sales of Gilbert's book!
Where is Allan Fox now to talk about the "it" factor? Remember that ridiculous TW article post-03 US Open?
58 minutes, broken at love last serve game, this is a keeper to watch regularly!!

antontd
11-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Andy had to cross the line, he knew he couldn't compete against hewitt from the base line. I really wish I had clicked on this discussion after the match was over, luckily I saw the first set before I did.

Hewitt is more than capable of beating excellent S&Vers like Sampras and Henman. Why would roddick have a chance?

VashTheStampede
11-20-2004, 02:29 PM
This thread spoiled my match too. Getting spoiled about the match or not, the match sucked either way!

drakulie
11-20-2004, 02:32 PM
BIG SERVE! BIG FOREHAND! :evil:

little brain. :cry: [/u][/b]

VashTheStampede
11-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Antontd, if you can, change the thread title as well, for the sake of the tapers. The words "please Andy, don't cross the service line" (even with the spoiler tag) still makes it rather obvious that he lost. Take it easy though antontd, it was just one mistake. This board needs a spoiler tag feature IMO.

sliceroni
11-20-2004, 02:37 PM
OK, I agree it's rude to post scores without "spoiler" warning, but If I taped the match and wanted to watch it later the last site I would visit is the TW borads or ANY other tennis site! It doesn't take an IQ over 150 to figure that one out. You won't stop all those jack*****es from posting scores anywhere because they just won't listen. Phew!! Todays match is a glimpse of why Roddick will never surpass Fed as No. 1.

antontd
11-20-2004, 02:52 PM
hey, I said i'm sorry, it's not like I killed someone. "It doesn't take an IQ over 150" to have manners.

Jayzzz
11-20-2004, 04:12 PM
I clicked on it and saw the 6-2 6-3 and immediately closed the window. So basically I went into it knowing one player would be dominant. It didnt' take me long to figure that out. I know you didn't have the intend to ruin it for us, but you did. Needless to say I won't visit TW forum again until AFTER the match is over on TV, be it live or not. I better follow my own advice and get outta here before I see a spoiler for the Safin/Federer match. Cannot WAIT to watch this match. Two of the best backhands in tennis!

Datacipher
11-20-2004, 04:28 PM
hey, I said i'm sorry, it's not like I killed someone. "It doesn't take an IQ over 150" to have manners.

He apologized. He didn't know the etiquette, he didn't do it on purpose. Now he does. If he does it again, then you should call for a ban. You guys should be ashamed, I know that it sucks to have a spoiler but we've all made mistakes and done things we didn't know were wrong. IT IS ONLY A TENNIS MATCH and if you've read my posts you know I'm about as big a tennis fanatic as you can find.

Sliceroni is right, you shouldn't come here at all if you want to be guaranteed not to know the winner because on the internet there are newbs and jerks who will post the result. I remember on a tennis newsgroup there was one well known jerk who would purposely post the score in the header as soon as a match was over...or even during....he did this year after year, tourney after tourney despite many rebukes and flame threads. In this case though...the guy didn't know and apologized. If any of you were new to this type of forum you might have done the same thing.

SydW
11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
What a lousy effort from Roddick. Very surprising, thought he would put on great show playing in front of home crowd. But he played like he couldn't be bothered today, losing consecutively 22 points for last few games to lose the match was even worse than Gaudio's effort against Hewitt.

But Hewitt had him for most past of the match, and Roddick just lost interest. Hewitt confidence must be roaring now.

SydW
11-20-2004, 04:33 PM
He apologized. He didn't know the etiquette, he didn't do it on purpose. Now he does. If he does it again, then you should call for a ban. You guys should be ashamed, I know that it sucks to have a spoiler but we've all made mistakes and done things we didn't know were wrong. IT IS ONLY A TENNIS MATCH and if you've read my posts you know I'm about as big a tennis fanatic as you can find.

Sliceroni is right, you shouldn't come here at all if you want to be guaranteed not to know the winner because on the internet there are newbs and jerks who will post the result. I remember on a tennis newsgroup there was one well known jerk who would purposely post the score in the header as soon as a match was over...or even during....he did this year after year, tourney after tourney despite many rebukes and flame threads. In this case though...the guy didn't know and apologized. If any of you were new to this type of forum you might have done the same thing.

I agree. How many times we want him to apologize for an innocent mistate :roll:

ZhuangCorp
11-20-2004, 04:44 PM
yea guys, it's not that big of a deal, it's just a tennis match. The REAL tennis match is Safin vs Federer anyway.

Just to be safe, i usually don't come on TW before a match or atptennis.com.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 05:24 PM
yea guys, it's not that big of a deal, it's just a tennis match. The REAL tennis match is Safin vs Federer anyway.

Yea, I'm avoiding any TW threads I haven't already seen just to make sure the Fed/Saf match doesn't get spoiled.

ShooterMcMarco
11-20-2004, 05:42 PM
i was disapointed in this game,i thought it would have at least gone to 3 sets. obviously andy wasn't playing the kind of tennis he has against the past opponents. too many unforced errors in that game. hewitt didnt miss a damn thing, he played very well.

chicagohpch
11-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Sliceroni, don't call people Jack*****ss just because they post "live" scores on the site. What's wrong with posting scores during a live game? Not everyone has access to the live media. TW is the site I often come to find "live" scores.

federerfanforever
11-20-2004, 07:34 PM
back to the Hewitt-Roddick match:
can you believe that Hewitt won the last 20 points of the match? That's like nearly 3 tiebreaks without Roddick winning a single point. I don't think any player has broken Roddick twice in a row to love. Well done Hewitt!

antontd
11-20-2004, 07:55 PM
back to the Hewitt-Roddick match:
can you believe that Hewitt won the last 20 points of the match? That's like nearly 3 tiebreaks without Roddick winning a single point. I don't think any player has broken Roddick twice in a row to love. Well done Hewitt!

Andy gave it up. He saw that it's hard to beat Hewitt from the baseline and tried to close the distance - Big Mistake. Didnít BG tell him that Llayton has a winning advantage over all net players?

JohnThomas1
11-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Like Datacipher said.

jhhachamp
11-21-2004, 12:34 AM
seriously, some of you guys are sounding ridiculous. if you really wanted to watch a match without knowing the outcome beforehand, a tennis message board is the last place you should go. Seriously how thoughtless can you be? And then you have the nerve to try and blame someone else for your ignorance.

sliceroni
11-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Ok, I see that he did apologize and my mistake, he didn't know. Those that I pertain to as jack*****es are 1) people who post the scores on purpose and consistently do it without spoiler warning 2) people who come to this site and constantly b!tch about not wanting to know the outcome of a match until they've watch it, like the post aboved mentioned, this is a tennis board, just avoid it until the match is over!

ibemadskillzz
11-21-2004, 01:51 PM

Steve Dykstra
seriously, some of you guys are sounding ridiculous. if you really wanted to watch a match without knowing the outcome beforehand, a tennis message board is the last place you should go. Seriously how thoughtless can you be? And then you have the nerve to try and blame someone else for your ignorance.

Steve
Ignorance? are you crazy? All we are asking is to put "SPOILER" in the title- IS IT THAT HARD- does it take an hour for you to do it?
Zhuang
It's not a big deal? Okay, this is for you- don't watch a single match of tennis for the year 2005, I will give you all the scores. After all, it's just a tennis match. Or Don't watch any tennis match on time, tape it and before you watch it, look at the scores. Have a nice day.

jhhachamp
11-21-2004, 02:50 PM
yo, ibe... you seriously think i am crazy for saying that? how can you deny the ignorance of the people who want to see a match without knowing the outcome who come to a tennis message board? Its common sense. I was not talking about posting spoiler so I am not sure why you brought that up. Sure it would be nice, but there is absolutely no way possible that you can control everyone on this board and prevent them from posting results without posting spoiler. Your last question has absolutely no relevence to this subject and does not deserve answering.

bertrevert
11-21-2004, 03:32 PM
how can you deny the ignorance of the people who want to see a match without knowing the outcome who come to a tennis message board? Its common sense.

I gotta agree with Steve. I'm in Sydney. I want to read you guys discussing the result. Put it in the title I don't care. You are so USA-centric to talk about viewing times and so on. WE'RE NOT ALL IN THE SAME TIME ZONE!!! Discuss the result whenever and put it in the title. From my view it doesn't ruin the viewing pleasure knowing the result beforehand.

I mean don't you watch classic matches from yesteryear knowing the result in advance anyway? Don't you watch taped matches to look and learn? The result is significant but knowing it beforehand doesn't diminish what you might learn.

Frankly the way you whacked the noobie is pathetic.

Phil
11-21-2004, 11:57 PM
What was he trying to do? Prove that he can volley? Hewitt had him for breakfast - 6:3, 6:2. I can volley better than Roddick, seriously.

I doubt that. In fact, I KNOW that you couldn't outvolley Roddick. You're about as deluded as a gentleman on this board who is CERTAIN that his buddy "Vinnie" would destroy Roddick with his pinpoint vollies.

@wright
11-22-2004, 07:23 AM
You really can't volley better than Roddick. Roddick volleyed terribly that day by his own standards, and he still volleyed better that day than you ever could. Did you see how he volleyed against Henman? He was hitting them beautifully. He has improved alot and had an off-day against Hewitt, but his off-day is still better than your on-day. Let me guess, are you a 4.5 or so? Any 7.0 in the world could pass you with ease.

bobby
11-22-2004, 08:04 AM
You really can't volley better than Roddick. Roddick volleyed terribly that day by his own standards, and he still volleyed better that day than you ever could. Did you see how he volleyed against Henman? He was hitting them beautifully. He has improved alot and had an off-day against Hewitt, but his off-day is still better than your on-day. Let me guess, are you a 4.5 or so? Any 7.0 in the world could pass you with ease.

Couldn't agree more. Sure, some people may make spectacular volleys at 4.5 to 5.0 level, but are they facing the passing shots of the pros? This is just conjecture, but I think that anyone who volleyed as well as Roddick, even with relatively "weak" groundstrokes and serve, would at least be a pro on the challenger circuit.

antontd
11-22-2004, 10:41 AM

Couldn't agree more. Sure, some people may make spectacular volleys at 4.5 to 5.0 level, but are they facing the passing shots of the pros? This is just conjecture, but I think that anyone who volleyed as well as Roddick, even with relatively "weak" groundstrokes and serve, would at least be a pro on the challenger circuit.

when did you see me playing? Andy is a Pro, not Superman.

@wright
11-22-2004, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen you play. That is precisely how I know you can't volley better than Roddick. You would at least have to be on the pro tour. That is unless you are Stephan Edberg, Pat Rafter, or a few others...

Datacipher
11-23-2004, 12:42 AM
I doubt that. In fact, I KNOW that you couldn't outvolley Roddick. You're about as deluded as a gentleman on this board who is CERTAIN that his buddy "Vinnie" would destroy Roddick with his pinpoint vollies.

Hehheh, I think you're thinking of the legendary "Gino" Phil. Don't even get me started on Carlito's serve(better than Agassi), Vito's forehand(better than Henman) or Guido's backhand(better than Sampras).