PDA

View Full Version : Roddick needs a coach

barry
11-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Time for Gilbert to move on, no grand slams for Roddick in 2004, only finals came from playing players ranked in the 20's (Wimbledon & U.S. Open) easy draws. http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/46 Very few top 10 wins.

I think Gilbert should move on and maybe coach Marty Fish, Roddick is done!

Congratulations Layton, you deserve to be number 2 in the world.

sliceroni
11-20-2004, 01:29 PM
He won't finish No.2 unless he wins the tournament, and w/ Federer's undefeated streak in finals it doesn't look good. As many of us predicted last year that Fedex will increase the gap from the field this year (read the old message board for proof) I predict Hewitt will grab the No.2 spot early next year and stay there most of next year.

tennisboy87
11-20-2004, 01:43 PM
It's Lleyton, not Layton.

Ariel
11-21-2004, 03:10 PM
As many of us predicted last year that Fedex will increase the gap from the field this year (read the old message board for proof) I predict Hewitt will grab the No.2 spot early next year and stay there most of next year.

No offense, but what can we benefit from your predictions? Why should anyone look for your messages from one year ago? I think you are a bit arrogant, my friend. Chill out.

perfmode
11-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Time for Gilbert to move on, no grand slams for Roddick in 2004, only finals came from playing players ranked in the 20's (Wimbledon & U.S. Open) easy draws. http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/46 Very few top 10 wins.

I think Gilbert should move on and maybe coach Marty Fish, Roddick is done!

Congratulations Layton, you deserve to be number 2 in the world.

It's not Roddick's fault that he couldn't win a GS this year. There was some guy name Roger who kind of sh-tted on the ATP tour in 2004.

Noelle
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
People say that Tim Henman had a great year because even if he didn't win a title, he reached semifinals of Slam events and was quarterfinalist or better in most other tournaments he entered this year. And then other people say Andy Roddick had a bad year because he only won 3 titles, didn't win a Slam, and slipped to #2. Is there some sort of double standard here?

CoASH
11-21-2004, 04:32 PM
hewitt demolishes serve volleyers

Trey
11-21-2004, 05:39 PM
People say that Tim Henman had a great year because even if he didn't win a title, he reached semifinals of Slam events and was quarterfinalist or better in most other tournaments he entered this year. And then other people say Andy Roddick had a bad year because he only won 3 titles, didn't win a Slam, and slipped to #2. Is there some sort of double standard here?

Yes

It's the difference between a top 3 player like Andy and Henman who was until the last year or two was mostly top 10-15. Henman is having a good year for himself if you look at the last 10 years of his career. Andy is having a down year since everybody expected another slam title.