PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler* Predictions for tomorrow

Newby
11-20-2004, 03:17 PM
With an 0-5 record against Federer and being double bageled at the U.S Open, one would expect Hewitt to come up with a new strategy. What do you guys think is gonna happen tomorrow?

sliceroni
11-20-2004, 03:24 PM
You're question should be can Hewitt get throught the match without being bageled. Last four time they played he ate a bagel for dinner, more than one of them!

James Brown
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
STOP POSTING RESULTS ASSHAT! goddammit

antontd
11-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Their 2004 Results:

US Open, Hard, F
6 0 7 6 6 0
Wimbledon, Grass, Q
6 1 6 7 6 0 6 4
Hamburg AMS, Clay, S
6 0 6 4
Australian Open, Hard, R16
4 6 6 3 6 0 6 4

4 wins to Federer, 5 sets 6-0

But I think Hewitt can beat Federer tomorrow. for first time in my life I'm going to support Llayton.

Feña14
11-20-2004, 03:45 PM
I will be supporting Lleyton, I picked him before the groups were announced and i'm enjoying watching him more that any of the other players.

annihilatorpro
11-20-2004, 03:51 PM
I've got my money on Federer. If you've seen the US Open final, Federer CRUSHES Hewitt on so many shots, it's not even funny. Everyone was tauting Hewitt on his summer hardcourt run before the final against Federer, and he still got his *** handed to him. But, I do support the guy because he's so much more animated than the machine that Federer is. Still though, Fed's the favorite imo

antontd
11-20-2004, 04:10 PM
I've got my money on Federer. If you've seen the US Open final, Federer CRUSHES Hewitt on so many shots, it's not even funny. Everyone was tauting Hewitt on his summer hardcourt run before the final against Federer, and he still got his *** handed to him. But, I do support the guy because he's so much more animated than the machine that Federer is. Still though, Fed's the favorite imo

I used to like Federer and dislike Roddick. It's the opposite now. IMHO Roger kills the game with his “effortless”, “perfect” and emotionless strokes. It's like he is not enjoying tennis anymore.

THE ANIMAL
11-20-2004, 04:14 PM
After seeing Lleyton today against Roddick acting like such a Tool I hope Fed schools him like he did in the US Open. Hewit kneads to learn some manners. Roddick should have bashed him in the face with a serv then said now who’s the *****.

SydW
11-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I used to like Federer and dislike Roddick. It's the opposite now. IMHO Roger kills the game with his “effortless”, “perfect” and emotionless strokes. It's like he is not enjoying tennis anymore.

I wonder if you changed your mind after today. Looked to me like the one who can't be bothered to be out there was Roddick, whereas Roger was trying all his best to win one of the longest tiebreak ever. If you want to talk about anybody enjoying tennis the most, there are very few like this game and has as much passion on it as Roger.

antontd
11-20-2004, 04:33 PM

I wonder if you changed your mind after today. Looked to me like the one who can't be bothered to be out there was Roddick, whereas Roger was trying all his best to win one of the longest tiebreak ever. If you want to talk about anybody enjoying tennis the most, there are very few like this game and has as much passion on it as Roger.

No, I didnt change my mind. Roger cares of winning, not of the game. Andy was simply outplayed today and he knew it.

SydW
11-20-2004, 04:37 PM
You clearly don't know anything about Roger, that's fine there will always be people like you around.

ragnaROK
11-20-2004, 05:01 PM
If you want to talk like that antontd you fail to realize many greats were like that. Winning was all Sampras cared about and that was his motivation to stay at #1 for so long. Johnny Mac once said he never really enjoyed playing the game. Federer chooses to keep his emotions in check much like Borg did. Being stoic didn't take away from his greatness, in fact it makes him a better player mentally. If you knew anything about Federer, you would know that he finds a lot of pleasure in his ball-striking. To him it's a beautiful artform and sometimes he cares more about how flawless his shots are than winning itself. How can you call his shots "emotionless"? Is emotion just brainless brute bashing? No I think your problem is that he dominates so effortlessly. Roddick domainates in way you punch a punching bag. Federer just chooses to dominate differently. Nevertheless, he dominates.

These players don't play for your enjoyment or mine. They play to win and I hope that's all they ever care about.

SydW
11-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Thank you ragno, you said everything in my mind.

Only actually Roger did play for enjoyment because he loves this game, he mentioned that many times he even will watch any tennis matches caught on tv.

antontd
11-20-2004, 05:13 PM
If you want to talk like that antontd you fail to realize many greats were like that. Winning was all Sampras cared about and that was his motivation to stay at #1 for so long. Johnny Mac once said he never really enjoyed playing the game. Federer chooses to keep his emotions in check much like Borg did. Being stoic didn't take away from his greatness, in fact it makes him a better player mentally. If you knew anything about Federer, you would know that he finds a lot of pleasure in his ball-striking. To him it's a beautiful artform and sometimes he cares more about how flawless his shots are than winning itself. How can you call his shots "emotionless"? Is emotion just brainless brute bashing? No I think your problem is that he dominates so effortlessly. Roddick domainates in way you punch a punching bag. Federer just chooses to dominate differently. Nevertheless, he dominates.

These players don't play for your enjoyment or mine. They play to win and I hope that's all they ever care about.

My all time favorite player is Sampras. may be someone will explain why I like him and don't like Federer.
Roger does not even smile after a great shot, only after a lucky one. his "come on"s say "I can't be better than this".

ShooterMcMarco
11-20-2004, 05:37 PM
this will be an easy final for fed, its already been proven the last times they played this year. no predictions are neccessary

Moumine
11-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Roger does not even smile after a great shot, only after a lucky one. his "come on"s say "I can't be better than this".

Oh shush, he smiled/come-on'd after every big point.

Also, his backhand seems to have *scarily* improved.

I await the ugly destruction of Hewitt.

CoASH
11-20-2004, 06:25 PM
hewitt can't win. he relies a lot on his scrambling and the opponent getting frustrated.
the difference with federer is he does take on the challenge of using attacking shots which become winners

chicagohpch
11-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Without the Belgian watching aside, Hewitt's jinx is lifted. I think it will be a good game

VashTheStampede
11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Federer's gonna take it. Lleyton and Andy will beat him SOME day.

Type40
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I don't care which of them win, I just hope it's a close run thing, and there are no bagels. That's not really fun t watch, although I do appreciate the dominance that it represents.

Ultimately I can't see Hewitt making a dent on Fed, but who knows. He needs a completely new strategy. Maybe he can come up with something.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
STOP POSTING RESULTS ASSHAT! goddammit

I hate the noobie spoilertards too, man.

Jayzzz
11-20-2004, 09:59 PM
No bagels for Hewitt tomorrow, but Federer should beat him easily. I predict 6-3, 6-4.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Tomorrow's Menu

Bagels and Breadsticks

ragnaROK
11-20-2004, 10:01 PM
james brown posted that before newby edited the *spoiler* in there

kooyah
11-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Federer chooses to keep his emotions in check much like Borg did. Being stoic didn't take away from his greatness, in fact it makes him a better player mentally.

Graf was very much the same way. It wasn't until the latter stages of her career that she started showing more emotion on the court - and that was when people started warming up to her.

Newby
11-20-2004, 11:11 PM
I apologize for the results. I tried to edit the subject title as soon as I realized there were people that did not watch it yet. Anyway, my guess is that it'll be 6-4, 6-2 FEDERER.

JohnThomas1
11-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Isn't it a five setter Newby? I may have heard wrong :/

Hewitt will give a good account of himself but will be hard pressed to run Roger close. He plays Hewitt superbly now and is just so damn dominant. Hewitt has the heart of a warrior tho and will give his best all the way. Roger is quite likely now heading for the greatest of all time status. Hewitt has a lot to be proud of this tournament, and i guess the best thing about tomorrow for him is that he has nothing to lose. Forget the year end number 2 thing, it won't even be on his mind.

perfmode
11-20-2004, 11:44 PM
It's a five setter.

Newby
11-20-2004, 11:58 PM
6-4, 6-2, 6-7, 6-3 Federer

ShooterMcMarco
11-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Tomorrow's Menu

Bagels and Breadsticks

:lol: clever.

the real final for me was that fed safin match. as much as i enjoy hewitt and his game, i just can't see him doing damage to fed.

pound cat
11-21-2004, 03:34 AM
I think we saw the final yesteray bet Fed & Safin. Lleyton will be lucky to get out of the final without looking like a second class player, and no way will he be acting like he was with Roddick, knowing full well that screaming & yelling during a match is reserved only for those you don't have much respect for.

SydW
11-21-2004, 05:43 AM
I amd not going to think that Hewitt has no chance tomorrow. His confidence must be roaring now and knowing that he can take over Andy as the no.2 will give him extra motivation. But I do agree with Poundcat on his attitude being completely different tomorrow than today but that fighting spirit will be there still.

sliceroni
11-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Yeah, his loud c'mons would only anger and motivate Fed even more, that wouldn't be a good idea. :lol:

BiGGieStuFF
11-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Well for those who want to watch the match on ESPN. Good luck. It's torrential downpour here in Houston with no signs of a it breaking. I highly doubt it will start in time or at all until very late tonight. Guess we'll be watching reruns on ESPN today. :(

pound cat
11-21-2004, 03:13 PM
The most amazing thing about this final is that Lleyton is trying for his 3rd final in 4 years. I'd forgotten about him for a while. Tennis seems to have really gone up a few notches in the last year...right down to those ranked in the 100's. Great sport this is.