PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DID HEWITT SAY TO RODDICK?

robbie_dademo
11-21-2004, 04:01 AM
I saw it on the news when they changed ends or something, what exactly happened and what triggered hewitt to do it/ was roddick not putting in or whats the deal?>?>

thanks!!

kickingbird
11-21-2004, 04:31 AM
Something like 'You want me to f**king crack ya?' It was on the news in Australia but I wasn't really paying attention. I might be way off, but I'm pretty sure about the 'f**king' and the 'crack'. I'm more interested in knowing what Roddick said to Hewitt though... probably complaining about him over-comeoning. Anyone tape the match?

JohnThomas1
11-21-2004, 04:41 AM
Apparently Hewitt was responding to something Roddick said. Of course that doesn't mean he was in the right, no doubt a fair bit went on that we don't and may never know about. Hewitt would prolly be at a fairly grumpy stage in life right now too with all the personal drama's, wouldn't take much to set him off.

THE ANIMAL
11-21-2004, 05:17 AM
Hewitt was being a total twat throughout the whole match I think Roddick was just getting fed up of it and said something on the change over then Hewitt gave his dumb answer. I have lost all respect for Hewitt now I think he is a total tool. Whos he going to crack hes built like a panzi. Roddick should have servd one in his face and then said where is your crack now.

Fea14
11-21-2004, 05:37 AM
:lol: You have got to love Hewitt, he was giving Roddick alot of "c'mons" yesterday and his celebrations after winning each of his sets were genius.

Roddick has done this alot in the past, I will never forget this years Miami final against Coria with Roddick showing his true colours.

Thats why I love Hewitt, he isn't scared of anyone. With a bit of real confidence I think that he could possibly be one of the players to rival Federer along with Safin.

The TMC final could give us an interesting preview of next year.

Keep up the good work Lleyton!!!!

SydW
11-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Andy told Hewitt off on his come on and Hewitt asked him to give it a crack.

Hewitt come on was very irritating but for Roddick whose attitude on court isn't exactly pleasant to his opponents at times to tell him off, that is funny. I remembered Andy comlains about Ancic's loud grunts in their Wimbledon matches also Mirnyi taking long time between each point.

Fea14
11-21-2004, 05:41 AM
Exactly SydW, I find it hilarious.

How d'ya like it now Andy?

david aames
11-21-2004, 05:46 AM
What's going on? The brits defending the bread thieves now?

Ferrero, Henman and now Hewitt. Quite a winning team you got there, pal.

:lol: You have got to love Hewitt, he was giving Roddick alot of "c'mons" yesterday and his celebrations after winning each of his sets were genius.

Roddick has done this alot in the past, I will never forget this years Miami final against Coria with Roddick showing his true colours.

Thats why I love Hewitt, he isn't scared of anyone. With a bit of real confidence I think that he could possibly be one of the players to rival Federer along with Safin.

The TMC final could give us an interesting preview of next year.

Keep up the good work Lleyton!!!!

SydW
11-21-2004, 05:49 AM
I sense some here getting very sour.

Fea14
11-21-2004, 05:49 AM
Ferrero and Henman have been, and always will be my favourites.

I just like to see Roddick get whats coming to him. The other thing that I really want is someone to rival Federer and the more players we have doing it, the better the game will be to watch.

So i'm hoping for Hewitt to raise it a bit.

sliceroni
11-21-2004, 07:39 AM
I don't know about you guys but I think this is great stuff! Hewitt is definitely a genius in his mental combat tactics. When he isn't missing the only player that has an answer to that is Federer and he knows it. Roddick was helpless, doesn't have to game to adapt, this match proved he can't attack the net to get out of trouble, which was embarrassing. I admit I did write off Safin but he's the only one to give Fed a match consistently. Every match, except for the AO final, have been straight sets but at least was not a steam roll w/ love sets.

Jayzzz
11-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Sheer genious on Hewitt's part! Not only was he schooling Roddick, but those "COME OOONNNN'S" where really adding insult to injury. This caused Roddick to get even MORE frustrated and not give a sh*t towards the end of the first set. I used to hate Hewitt but now I think he's great! As for him being a "tool", I'd say he's USING every tool to beat his opponent, be it physically or psychologically. GO HEWITT!.... "COME OOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!"

Bryan Aldridge
11-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I dont know about you guys, but If I scrambled to hit a running topspin lob winner or a running forehand/backhand pass while 15 feet behind the baseline on a critical point, I'd be saying it too, although maybe not loudly lol

barry
11-21-2004, 02:02 PM
THE ANIMAL

I agree Hewitt embarrassed Roddick on his home town court, least he could do is give him a couple more games.

Roddick is done, you can put a fork in him. He will disappear for a year or so like Hewitt did, looks burned out, has tendon issues.

Like a poster said earlier describing Roddick's game, big serve, big forehand, small brain!

rafael
11-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Last year it looked like gilbert finally added some mental toughness to roddick's game. But throughout this year he has shown that he still has some maturing to do. He should know to expect hewitt's yells and not let it get to him.

Greg
11-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Hewitt > Roddick

bertrevert
11-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Hewitt was definitely pumping it up to get a mental edge. It worked out for him. He apparently said something like "yeah, g'arn have a crack mate" at that changeover - however they both embraced at the net at the end. What goes on on-court gets left on-court.

I thought the crowd would turn on Hewitt, and there were some hoots and boos at his c'mons, but instead they seemed to enjoy the fire - it's Hell: but that's what they pay for and hell-fire is what they get!

Jayzzz
11-21-2004, 03:56 PM
The way Hewitt hustles, and the amount of intensity he creates, it's hard not to cheer for him.

bertrevert
11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
The way Hewitt hustles, and the amount of intensity he creates, it's hard not to cheer for him.

Yeah that's what must happen. I've seen him play a few times but I cannot say he's my favourite player when he does all bring-it-on routine etc.

While his fire gets the crowd going can you imagine standing on the other side of that? Would you say something?

I dunno it'd be pretty hard not to be a bit ****ed at Hewitt who is dominating (on the day) and then almost celebrating before he's won. Those c'mons have got to wrankle a little.

CoASH
11-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Something like 'You want me to f**king crack ya?' It was on the news in Australia but I wasn't really paying attention. I might be way off, but I'm pretty sure about the 'f**king' and the 'crack'.

mate you are way off
do'nt think he sweared
therefore negating your 'sureness' :D

THE ANIMAL
11-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Yup me too thats what im sure I heard him say.

Jayzzz
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
They're replaying the match on ESPN now, and it's going into the final game. Turn the volume up and listen to what you hear!

tytan
11-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Hewitt was being a total twat throughout the whole match I think Roddick was just getting fed up of it and said something on the change over then Hewitt gave his dumb answer. I have lost all respect for Hewitt now I think he is a total tool. Whos he going to crack hes built like a panzi. Roddick should have servd one in his face and then said where is your crack now.

who gives a sh*t if Roddick was getting fed up...he's got no one else to blame but his game!

Hewitt has every right to do what he always does when he's playing well. you want him to back down just because Roddick grumbled a little?? C'MON!!!!!!!

THE ANIMAL
11-21-2004, 07:36 PM
That has nothing to do with it mate Yes Hewitt played a good game and Roddick played total rubbish doesnt give Hewitt any reason to act like he was. Twice he stopped Roddick when he was just about to serve to try and play his stupid mental games and it was blatant he was just trying to dick Roddick about. Towards the end his Come ons were becoming a ridiculous joke you didnt get Fed and Safin doing this during there game. Ok you can be happy and give yourself a come on after a hard point but to bring it on like that right in the others face is a joke.

Steve Huff
11-21-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't know about you, but I don't think over exuberance and fist pumping is half as bad as tanking a match when you go down a break. That's what it looked like to me.

K!ck5w3rvE
11-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Roddick is arrogant and a bad sport.

chicagohpch
11-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Roddick and the Williams, a group of least respectful young Jack***** players. They deserve the losses and being disrespected.