U.S.
#1 Andy Roddick
#2 Mardy Fish
Doubles Bob & Mike Bryan

Spain
#1 Juan Carlos Ferrero
#2 Carlos Moya
Doubles Rafael Nadal & Tommy Roberdo

With Andy Roddick somewhat slumping, I think that the Bryans may be the best hope of the U.S. winning a point. Of course, JCF isn't exactly setting the wold on fire, but he's got to be favored over Roddick on clay. Moya, if he's on, will certainly beat Fish. The reverse singles don't offer much more hope IMO.

Final result: Spain 4 - 1 over U.S.

Trey
11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Don't go out on a limb 8)

Feņa14
11-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Nadal and Robredo are both very good doubles players, they just stay at the back and hit the biggest topspin strokes you have ever seen.

I think Ferrero and Moya will both win their singles and the doubles is 50:50.

Could get pretty one sided.

Rabbit
11-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Don't go out on a limb 8)

Hey......no guts.....no glory. (That was great BTW)

BigboyDan
11-21-2004, 12:53 PM
3-1 Spain - they won't even bother with the last match.

AndyC
11-21-2004, 01:34 PM
(Peter) Fleming who is commentating on Eurosport for the TMC siad something along the lines of the Americans didn't have a chance. More surprisingly he didn't rate Fish's chances at all. I have to say even with a subpar Ferrero, the Spanish look like they have far too much firepower to be troubled by the Americans.. especially on clay. Roddick is their only hope (let's not forget that Nadal-Roberdo reached the finals of the US Open doubles and grew up playing on clay so I figure the Bryans are going to find it tough going) and his results on European clay has been distinctly unimpressive.

Mark55
11-21-2004, 02:03 PM
3-2 Americans!!!

arosen
11-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Its going to be a slaughter of the american lambs. The way Moya is playing right now, taking Fed to 3 sets on hard, he will kick major *** in Spain. Roddick is in a slump, big time. Loss like at TMS to Lleyton, he must be down on himself and with thousands of spanish fans screaming their lungs out, well, what chance does he have, really? No chance for americans, even Bryan brothers might find it way harder than usual, so look for a 4-0 Spain.

don knot
11-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Is Spain favored in the tie? (Yes), Is it a for sure deal (maybe not)
No doubt Spain has the best team for clay court ball, minus the doubles, but as we all know tennis is about matchups.
I like Andy Roddick in Davis Cup against just about anybody. I feel that he kind of "has it like that" over Moya, although they have never played on clay. Also, this is not the JCF of '03, if he plays the same type of ball he's played for most of the year, he is vulnerable. Finallly, factor in the thought that both Moya and Ferrero almost always seem to find a way to lose big matches. I agree that the US cannot win without the Doubles, but if they do win the dubs and Roddick can beat Moya on day 1, we will have a whole new tie on our hands going into the final Sunday.
I am looking forward to watching it either way!

tykrum
11-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with don knot, but I'd like to add that the Bryan brothers favorite surface (I have seen them say it on TV) is clay. They should definitely be favored over the Spanish there. But I definitely agree that Moya and Ferrero always seem to lose in big situations, but then so does Mardy Fish. Roddick really has to play well for the U.S. to have a chance, plus Ferrero has to continue forgetting what kind of a player he used to be.

K!ck5w3rvE
11-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Andy Roddick will beat Ferrero in 4.
Mardy Fish will lose to Moya in 3.
Bob & Mike Bryan will win in 4-5 (should be a great match though).

Juan Carlos Ferrero will beat Fish.
Carlos Moya vs Andy Roddick in the decider.....and I think Moya will win.

baseliner
11-22-2004, 06:19 AM
With the line-up as announced figure the Bryan Brothers take the doubles point. Roddick 50-50 at best against Ferrero, lsoes to Moya. Fish doesn't take a set in two matches. Vince Spadea talks coulda, woulda, shoulda. 4-1 or best hope 3-2 USA goes down in flames and the talk is next year (yet again!).