PDA

View Full Version : Big weekend of college tennis at FSU!!!!

Matt H.
03-19-2004, 02:37 PM
My school is playing #1 and defending NCAA champs Illinois on saturday, followed by #4 Duke on sunday.

i was hitting next to Amar Delic (#1 player in college tennis, defending NCAA singles champ) today on one of the practice courts at the tennis center on school. Every single player on Illinois looks like they're going pro. These guys are big, well built, and have a no-nonsense attitude, to go along with their huge games.

The chances don't look that great for my school, but it's gonna be awesome tennis to watch. Our #1 Mat Cloer is ranked in the low 20's, so i'm looking forward to his match against Delic.

Matt H.
03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
correction, come to find out that it WASN'T Amar that was there....but the new #1 looks a LOT like him.

Lefty Spin
03-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Matt, the player you saw hitting was Brian Wilson. He plays number one for Illinois. Last year, Brian and Rajeev Ram won the NCAA doubles championship. Rajeev has since turned pro. Yesterday, Illinois defeated Florida to snap their 23 match home-court winning streak. Amer Delic actually played in the qualifying for the NASDAQ-100 on Monday. He lost a tight three-setter to Jeff Morrison.

Amer just switched to the Prince NXG Graphite from the Wilson Hyper 6.1. From what I heard, he really likes the frame a lot.

polo02
04-13-2004, 11:07 AM
I go to FSU too!!!!!!! GO NOLES!!!