PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin: best tennis game for the Xbox?

djones
11-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm about to buy this game which is really cheap now and supports Xbox Live, which seems really interesting to me.
It's rating is 9.1 at www.Gamespot.com.
I checked out the video demo, but to me the players look to big compared to the court, and the balls doesn't really fly solid thru the air, but go rather slow.
And to me it doesn't look like the players are really throwing in muscle power to hit the ball, they move around too light.
What is your opnion on this game?
Is it better than pete Sampras tennis (a couple of years ago on Playstation 1)?

perfmode
11-21-2004, 02:34 PM
only tennis game for xbox...

mach1
11-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Its not the only tennis game for xbox dood. There were like 3 or 4 more games, none made as big a splash as topspin. TopSpin is pretty fun, you should search this board and the old one too about this game. Some people actually played each other on xbox live from this board. The mini-games and how you build up your skills isn't as fun as the tennis2k series, but the actual play is fun.

Drizzt
11-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Its the best XBOX tennis game but I don't think its the best tennis game. I think Mario Tennis or Mario Power Tenis are better. The only thing I like better about Top Spin is how realistic it is. It looks lifelike. I even learned a little from it. I found the doubles to be lacking and in the singles I made a character that no one else I played could beat.