PDA

View Full Version : Yes! ESPN 2 showing Fed/Hewitt final

Shaolin
11-21-2004, 03:04 PM
It should come on any minute after wonen's basketball hopefully.

Jltn713
11-21-2004, 03:12 PM
BS THEY JUST MADE IT A BEST OF 3 MATCH. I CANT BELIEVE IT MAN IM ABOUT TO GO TO THE MATCH AND THEY ARE RIPPING ME OFF!!!!!

degreefanlindi
11-21-2004, 03:13 PM
I assume ESPN will carry the match after the Stern press conference...is it rained out or something?

perfmode
11-21-2004, 03:20 PM
BS THEY JUST MADE IT A BEST OF 3 MATCH. I CANT BELIEVE IT MAN IM ABOUT TO GO TO THE MATCH AND THEY ARE RIPPING ME OFF!!!!!

How can they just change the rules on the fly like that?

tennis*bill
11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
ESPN tried to fulfill their commitment to show the final even with the 2 rain delays. I'm sure they are glad it was only a 2 set match so they had plenty of time to show the World of Poker. They didn't even show the award ceremony or let us hear from the players. All we got was more of Pat Mac driveling on instead of hearing from Roger. Hello ESPN, tennis fans want to hear from the players, not the announcers we have been forced to listen to for the entire match. Could you not spare 2 minutes for the players???

Jltn713
11-21-2004, 08:06 PM
I just came back from the match. Federer was leading 5-2 before the rain delay stopped it. I bought some nice tickets from some guy for 10 dollars. They were nice seats. About the match Federer is too damn good. Made Hewitt look like a monkey. Fed was too quick and has forehand was on fire. The ending celebration was nice. There was some guy from Shanghai there to accept the Master Cup flag. Im gonna miss the Master Cup really bad. On the way out Mattress Mac was thanking people and i asked him if its coming back after shanghai and he said " im working on it".

Over all the match was nice except it was a best of 3. Crowd was going for hewitt but im glad they were both there.

LATERZ

BiGGieStuFF
11-21-2004, 10:35 PM
I wanted Hewitt to make it competitive but watching the way Federer handled him at the US OPen and earlier in the week in a RR match, it didn't seem likely. Hewitt just doesn't have any weapons to match Federer. Only person I've seen so far is Agassi and Safin who have some power and shotmaking ability to put Federer back on his heels.

Cynnik
11-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Man, Ive posted this many times and ill post it again. Im SO glad TMC is going back to shanghai, not because its moving out of the US cuz I'd like it to stay here, but because its in an INDOOR stadium. With all these rain delays, can you blame them for changing it to 2/3 sets or ESPN not showing the ceremony and crap? Houston needs to get a roof or something if they want to get it back.

Remember,
Roof = No rain
No roof = Pain......in the *****