PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if I did this?

Drizzt
11-21-2004, 05:35 PM
When I first got my NXG MP it came with Prince Synthetic gut w/duraflex at mid tension and I could hit with good power. When I got it restrung I put Hurricane in the mains at 60 with Head Fibergel 16 at 54 in the X. I was going to try an all Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro Spin at a lower tension.

Would I feel more dwell time since it wouldn't be as stiff and would I get more power cause its a multifilament and more control cause of more dwell time?

Thanks

K!ck5w3rvE
11-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Depends on the player. You would feel more 'dwell time' or ball pocketing because the string absorbs more kinetic energy because of its different construction.

Whether you have more control or not, more power or not; that depends on what your used to using. If you've used Alu@65 for the last 10 years, then a month with PSG, then you will have a different impression to someone who has used Bab VS NG@45 for the last 20 years.

Drizzt
11-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Drizzt
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
If I put the multifilament in the mains and the polyester in the crosses would this give more power. Also im thinking of trying natural gut. The person at my local tennis store said that natural gut lasted 2 times longer than synthetic gut. Is this true?

Thanks

K!ck5w3rvE
11-26-2004, 01:01 AM
I don't know about NG lasting twice as long as synthetic. Definately using a multi in the mains with a poly in the x's would give you more power than the all-synthetic. The poly will tame some of the power of the multi, but will increase the control. I would suggest going for a lower tension on the multi, and a little increase in the poly. So if you currently string at all 60, I would go with 56/62. You won't lose control from tension loss, because of the poly x's. You will have more power because of the multi, and the lower tension. You will have more spin potential because of the looser mains. You will have a little more durability because of the drop in string tension (although I'm not sure of the durability of your multi, it should last at least as long as a synthetic).

Hope this helps, Kick.