PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs. Anna K. Entertaining match!!!

Andy Zarzuela
11-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Venus beat Anna 6-3,6-2. It was an entertaining match. Anna played well considering she hasn't played in well over a year. This was no friendly match, both Venus and Anna were playing hard. Venus hit a couple serves that broke her 127mph record. Which, proves that she wasn't "playing around." Anna broke Venus' serve in the 2nd set, but Venus played remarkable tennis in the 2nd, I bet even Davenport or Mauresmo would have been defeated routinely. It was "Vintage Venus." Anna said after the match that she was happy with the result, considering she hasn't played in such a long time. Anna plans for a comeback in the near future. This is good news.
________
Yamaha wave blaster history (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Wave_Blaster)

perfmode
11-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Tennis ratings will go through the roof if she actually makes a comeback.

Type40
11-21-2004, 08:11 PM
I hope Dokic makes a comeback as well.
With Kournikova, Dokic and Hingis back it should be pretty interesting, at least to look at.

Trey
11-21-2004, 08:29 PM
I hope Dokic makes a comeback as well.
With Kournikova, Dokic and Hingis back it should be pretty smoking hot to look at.

fixed :wink:

The tennis guy
11-22-2004, 09:07 AM
but Venus played remarkable tennis in the 2nd, I bet even Davenport or Mauresmo would have been defeated routinely.

Andy,

To use an exhibition match against extremely weak opponent as measurement of someone's form means you are pretty desparate. We all know Venus form, she played two weeks ago in a real WTA tournament, she didn't do that great. She played 16 tournaments this year, which is the most she ever played in a year, and still failed to make the year end championship.

@wright
11-22-2004, 09:42 AM
This is surely proof that Venus will win all four slams next year.

TwistServe
11-22-2004, 09:53 AM
hingis coming back? huh./.. she she or is she not coming back?

Ronaldo
11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
@ight, this is just the 1st step to Anna's place in HISTORY. http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/championships/2005/2005.html

Andy Zarzuela
11-23-2004, 12:32 PM
but Venus played remarkable tennis in the 2nd, I bet even Davenport or Mauresmo would have been defeated routinely.

Andy,

To use an exhibition match against extremely weak opponent as measurement of someone's form means you are pretty desparate. We all know Venus form, she played two weeks ago in a real WTA tournament, she didn't do that great. She played 16 tournaments this year, which is the most she ever played in a year, and still failed to make the year end championship.

BTW, Let's not mention that Venus JUST missed the championships. She had 2 titles and 2 finals she played in this year (which she didn't play in one of them). But also, Zvonareva played 26 TOURS this YEAR!!!....THat's 10 more events than Venus. Venus missed the Championships by like less than 100 or so points. She's had injuries , that have hampered her. Venus is just having a rough year. Not to mention, Capriati was WAY out of the running after Advanta, and people hype her up. Just face it, even when Venus is NOT at her best, she can still beat just about anybody. She's kept every match of her's this year with a close scoreline. BY THE WAY I WASN"T MEASURING UP VENUS, I WAS MEASURING UP ANNA KOURNIKOVA'S FORM AND HOW GOOD SHE PLAYED AGAINST THE CURRENT WORLD NO 9 PLAYER!!!
________
JUSTIN BIEBER (http://justinbieberfan.info/)

Trey
11-27-2004, 01:28 PM
I just watched the replay on TV.

Pretty boring match to me. The funniest part was when that guy came out of the spectator seats and tried to return the serve of Venus. He obviously never played tennis before by the way he was holding the racquet.

Luke jensen went on or about 15 minutes on how the Hammer racquet is holding venus back.

Vlad
11-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Anna played pretty good... maybe top 200...
If she comes back, don't expect her to see higher than top 50....

Aonex
11-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Eh, who cares if Anna doesn't make it near the top... she'd still be entertaining to watch with her attacking style. Hope she does make a comeback next year.

Chopin
11-28-2004, 07:05 AM
I doubt Venus would beat Davenport routinely. Davenport has owned Venus this year.

Andy Zarzuela
11-28-2004, 08:46 PM
I doubt Venus would beat Davenport routinely. Davenport has owned Venus this year.

I wouldn't call a 7-6,5-7,7-6 win an owning. Especially since Venus had set points in each set and the only break. The following week she led Davenport 5-0 before a wrist injury (was severely weakened after this injury). The only "easy" win for Davenport over Venus this year was at the OPEN (not easy, but a tough 7-5,6-4) , where it took her best tennis to finally win it. Not to mention that entertaining last game. Honestly, Venus' 2004 season was far from her best tennis. I think she can come back to the top. Davenport is proof of this. At 29, and her slow movement, yet superior strokes brought her to the top of the ranks in 2004. Venus has both superior strokes and is one of the fastest/most athletic talents out on the WTA. All she lacks is the consistantcy of 2000/2001 era. If Davenport can regroup to regain no.1, then surely Venus can....because she's a superior mover and pounder.
________
Brunette Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/brunette-girls/)

Lee
11-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Let's go ANNA!!! You are so hot..