PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt on Roger Federer..

jun
11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
This is what Hewitt had to say about Roger Federer...

Q. Towards the end of the first set, in one game you attacked your return and came in behind the return. Is that something you can work on to beat him?
LLEYTON HEWITT: You'll get a few points like that, but not all the time. You know, it's maybe another opportunity, like another dimension that you may need, you know, to pull that trigger on a big point maybe. I think Roddick tried that a bit at Wimbledon, especially had a bit of success early in the match, I think.
But, yeah, Roger came up a couple of times I came in on him. One opportunity where I pushed, 40 30 game, and I pushed the ball up his line after a dropshot. You know, I thought it was a pretty good shot. He hit a half volley backhand winner across court. Every other player in the world wouldn't make that shot, especially under the circumstances.

Q. Did Roger play any different tonight than he did in the US Open final?
LLEYTON HEWITT: Not really. I think he probably played better at the US Open final. You know, it was pretty hard to fault the way he played in the US Open, especially at the start of the match. I don't think I've ever seen a guy play that well in my life.

perfmode
11-22-2004, 02:30 AM
This is coming from the #2 or #3 player in the world. He got sonned.

mlee2
11-22-2004, 12:56 PM
No. 3 in the world, he needed to beat Fed to claim No. 2