PDA

View Full Version : Making Cat 4 more stable and string suggestions

samoca
03-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I love the light but controlled feel of the Cat 4 but it's just a bit too light for me to hit good deep shots (I'm female, 50ish, 3.5--quite strong). I was playing with a Cat 7 that just wasn't working for my forehand altho' I was getting more pace with it. I do really like the Cat feel. The Cat 4 is my favorite of the Catapults but I want to be able to get something on my shots. I think it needs lead tape but I'm not sure where to put it to get what I want--a little at 3 and 9 and some at the throat? Also, I need a string that works in this racquet. I bought this used. I had a demo that had Powerfiber 16 that I liked (Volkl string) but I tended to hit too long with it. Any other ideas? Would gut be too powerful? I've never used it and thought I'd like to try. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks very much!

NoBadMojo
03-19-2004, 03:39 PM
hi there. you've got alot of variables going on here. when experimenting it is always best to change just one thing at a time. the demo was prob strung mid tension and may have been in there for a long time and that may explain the deal w. the demo flying on you. since you like the power fiber string, why not try a fresh stringjob w. that string for starters. if you have a teaching pro, he/she should be able to quickly help you. it could be a prob w. your stroke production. if you ever find your way down to amelia island, i'm a teaching pro (part time these days).:) luck to you, Ed