PDA

View Full Version : Donating raquets

racingdad23
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Have quite a few racquets would like to donate to a beginners program or summer program. If you know of anything please email me with contact information. These are not junk racquets but good quality older racquets.

Espiam@starnetok.net

Cobra Tennis
11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
email sent.

racingdad23
11-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you for the inquiries. Please give me a couple of days to sort them out.

Jmorrison my reply to your email address was blocked by your ISP

racingdad23
11-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Racquets have found a home! While I felt real good about doing this there was a certain element of sadness to it. I wish I could send racquets to every one of you that replied. There were so many emails with links to inner city and school programs. And I know that any one of these programs would have appreciated and used the racquets to help these youngsters. I wish I had a hundred. If I did I know there would be homes for every one of them.

For those that replied that I was unable to send racquets to, Head has a program where they provide new junior racquets for beginner and inner city programs. I'm in the process of getting the contact information and will post it when I get it.

There are alot of us that have racquets just laying around collecting dust. I encourage you guys to consider donating them to the many beginner leagues and summer programs. If you have racquets or equipment and would like to help out some deserving youngsters and dont know where to send them please contact me and I'll refer you to the many people that contacted me.

Thanks, Stan

10isDad
11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Racquets have found a home! While I felt real good about doing this there was a certain element of sadness to it. I wish I could send racquets to every one of you that replied. There were so many emails with links to inner city and school programs. And I know that any one of these programs would have appreciated and used the racquets to help these youngsters. I wish I had a hundred. If I did I know there would be homes for every one of them.

For those that replied that I was unable to send racquets to, Head has a program where they provide new junior racquets for beginner and inner city programs. I'm in the process of getting the contact information and will post it when I get it.

There are alot of us that have racquets just laying around collecting dust. I encourage you guys to consider donating them to the many beginner leagues and summer programs. If you have racquets or equipment and would like to help out some deserving youngsters and dont know where to send them please contact me and I'll refer you to the many people that contacted me.

Thanks, Stan

You should feel great about it. Hopefully you'll be helping out a new generation of stars.

For others that have extra racquets, here are a few sites I know of:

http://www.passarizona.org

http://www.getracquets.org

http://www.youthtennis.org

racingdad23
11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I recieved this tonight....its been forwarded to the people that originally contacted me about the original thread. Whether you just have one or ten. There is a kid somewhere that will gladly play and enjoy it. Keep them comming guys!

[I]I have about fifteen racquets I can get rid of. They aren't junk. Just unused, and they will never be used again, hopefully.
I live in Northern California if that helps. Thanks...Jeff [/I ]