PDA

View Full Version : New Record.....Fastest Serve hit by a female....!!!

Andy Zarzuela
11-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Venus hit several serves over 127 mph last night against Kournikova. I believe she hit one 128 and 131 mph, if I'm not mistaken. But I guess it won't count because it was an exhibition and not a WTA tour match. :shock:
________
Pregnant Sex (http://www.****tube.com/categories/34/pregnant/videos/1)

Brettolius
11-22-2004, 07:07 AM
are you in kentucky?

norcal
11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
I think in some exhibitions they tweak the radar to make serves seem harder than they really are. What speed was Kournikova serving at?

Ronaldo
11-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Who would look at anything but Anna while she is on-court?

Jayzzz
11-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Who would look at anything but Anna while she is on-court?
No kidding. That's really the only exciting thing about women's tennis. If I wanted to watch a real tennis match I'd watch men's ATP.

splink779
11-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Why would they tweak the radar to increase serve speed? Did it ever occur to anyone that people can serve faster in time?

kooyah
11-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Why would they tweak the radar to increase serve speed?

Because it's an exhibition. It's more important for them to get as many "oohs" and "ahhs" out of the crowd than it is for them to have precise speedgun readings.

K!ck5w3rvE
11-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Its the same in Davis Cup. How come Roddick breaks the serve speed record every time he plays a C rubber? And even on clay! Sounds suss to me...

Max G.
11-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Its the same in Davis Cup. How come Roddick breaks the serve speed record every time he plays a C rubber? And even on clay! Sounds suss to me...

They use a different radar gun at Davis Cup. It measures the velocity in all three dimensions, so will routinely give higher measurements than those that only give one component of it. That's why with regular radar guns, it's common knowledge that a serve down the middle will seem faster than one out wide.

Radar guns are improving - and measuring the serve earlier and earlier, closer and closer to the point where the ball leaves the racquet. And this means the readings are getting faster and faster.