PDA

View Full Version : Nadal has thinning hair?

Cyan
11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Am I the only one that has noticed this? :confused: :confused: His center part is wider than it used to be....

cknobman
11-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Am I the only one that has noticed this? :confused: :confused: His center part is wider than it used to be....

Never paid much attention. I will look during his next match against Djoker and get back with my observations.

Lefty5
11-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Its the roids...look at Hulk Hogan, the guys got no hair either.

ilovecarlos
11-14-2007, 07:20 AM

Funny, I thought the same thing watching him play Ferrer yesterday...the overhead shots show it quite obviously. He's quite young for that part to be thinning so much:confused:

Thor
11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Its the way he combs his hair,when i had long hair i did the same and then when i cut it short i had a bold middle part,but after a few months the hair grows back in the right direction

Sup2Dresq
11-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I hear you get "baldness" from your mother-side. So one can guess if they will go bald by looking at their maternal grandfather. I can't find a pic but there is a pic of Nadal's paternal grandfather and he is thin on top. See pic. So it probably runs in the family.

http://vamosrafael.smugmug.com/photos/24477472-M.jpg

Cyan
11-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Still, at 21 is kinda young to have thinning hair... Maybe it's all the stress....

Richie Rich
11-14-2007, 08:16 AM
can't fight genetics.

angharad
11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Still, at 21 is kinda young to have thinning hair... Maybe it's all the stress....

My grandfather was almost completely bald by 23. Some people just start losing their hair early. I don't doubt that stress plays a part in it, though, also.

giver deaner
11-14-2007, 08:31 AM
wow, mos def one the deepest threads yet! Can't wait to read some of the brilliant replies

bigjimbofan
11-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Maybe he'll start shaving his head and adopt the pirate look like Agassi did when male pattern baldness caught up to him.

Zaragoza
11-14-2007, 08:36 AM
He's quite young for that part to be thinning so much:confused:

We better donīt talk about Moyá ;)

jelle v
11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
wow, mos def one the deepest threads yet! Can't wait to read some of the brilliant replies

Just as deep as that thread about Roddick's hairline going back..

naffi
11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
You know how women look for wedding bands? Men look for male pattern baldness.

http://www.******************.blogspot.com

rightytopspin79
11-14-2007, 08:53 AM
You know how women look for wedding bands? Men look for male pattern baldness.

http://www.******************.blogspot.com

hahaha..that was hilarious. Yes, I've noticed that he has some thinning issues too. Better get on that Rogaine, or is that on the ban list for ATP players?

it was Just out
11-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Nadal has too much testosterone. He needs to start taking estrogen pills so he can be more like Federer.

Can you imagine Nadal with a man purse.:confused:

it was Just out
11-14-2007, 09:23 AM

can you say Andre Agassi? Or how about Lbjucic...actually I cant say that!

Sup2Dresq
11-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Nadal has too much testosterone. He needs to start taking estrogen pills so he can be more like Federer.

Can you imagine Nadal with a man purse.:confused:

"It's not a purse.. it's european!!!" /seinfeld

Lefty5
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=Can you imagine Nadal with a man purse.:confused:[/QUOTE]

He already wears capri's... I don't think he's blink an eye at carrying a man purse.

theone
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Maybe because its long it kinda falls to the sides so it looks like he's thinning... yeah

Topaz
11-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Maybe he'll start shaving his head and adopt the pirate look like Agassi did when male pattern baldness caught up to him.

Really, I think that would be the only option!

I, for one, am not a fan of the long, stringy, sweaty hair look.

coloskier
11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
People seem to forget Agassi had the same thing going when he was younger.

ilovecarlos
11-15-2007, 07:35 AM
We better don´t talk about Moyá ;)

***Hands on hip*** tapping foot****you're right Z...NO talking about Carlos. He IS a bit older than Rafa, but yes, he's thinning up top...I guess that's why it's either a baseball cap or a bandana as he recedes. There...now I discussed Moya....it's ok now....the 800 LB gorilla has left the building...
Let's just all hope he doesn't do the rock star thing......
a bandana AND a cowboy hat in case the bandana falls off....bleck.....a disturbing look

Sup2Dresq
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
[quote=ilovecarlos;1880551Let's just all hope he doesn't do the rock star thing......
a bandana AND a cowboy hat in case the bandana falls off....bleck.....a disturbing look[/quote]

It can always be worse:

http://static.flickr.com/102/274509499_53fd352a70_m.jpg

Shaolin
11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
^^Where did you find that photo of Phil??

Jonny S&V
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM

Look at Davydenko.

quest01
11-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I think its because Nadal wets his hair before going out onto the court to give the impression that his hair is thinning.

Morrissey
11-15-2007, 11:59 AM
^^Where did you find that photo of Phil??

Ohhh snap. I was not expecting that one. I have to shake your hand for that.

Cyan
11-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I think its because Nadal wets his hair before going out onto the court to give the impression that his hair is thinning.

I hope so. I don't want him to end up like Davydenko anytime soon.... ;)

ilovecarlos
11-15-2007, 01:44 PM
It can always be worse:

http://static.flickr.com/102/274509499_53fd352a70_m.jpg

*******runs away from this thread screaming*******

Ross K
11-15-2007, 01:48 PM

You should've been here when the thread topic was about 'tennis nipple'!... BTW, the only slight problem with this thread is the inconvenient fact that Rafa actually has a healthy head of hair.

CanadianChic
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Center part? Seriously? I think most of them start thinning at a relatively young age, no? The fact that their skin is so weathered by the elements and the majority of tennis players look at least ten years older than they are would be a bit more of a focus. IMO.

Mick
11-15-2007, 06:53 PM

Yep, he looks alright in this picture taken last week. If that is thinning hair then everybody has thinning hair.

http://i12.tinypic.com/71n9q92.jpg

A.Davidson
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Wouldn't it be great for Nadal to end up with a short haircut like Agassi?

I think that style would suit him quite well, to be honest.

MariaS
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
There is such a thing as having your hair thinned.
Maybe he had that done so it doesn't fly in his face as much.

VikingSamurai
11-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Its a curse that happens to players that hold the clay court win record. In a few years, Nadal will start growing it really long on one side and then comb it over like our old mate Vilas..

pound cat
11-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Rafa does appear to gave a very wide part these days. And here's what he will look like when he goes bald.

What goes around, comes around.

http://www.offthebaseline.com/wp-content/rafabio.jpg

Morrissey
11-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Yep, he looks alright in this picture taken last week. If that is thinning hair then everybody has thinning hair.

http://i12.tinypic.com/71n9q92.jpg

How is this thinning hair??? If thatīs the case most women are bald compared to this.

Cyan
11-16-2007, 06:06 AM
How is this thinning hair??? If thatīs the case most women are bald compared to this.

Ok. So it has to be that Nadal wets his hair before going out to play that makes it look thinner than it really is. When it's dry, it looks fine.

Morrissey
11-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Ok. So it has to be that Nadal wets his hair before going out to play that makes it look thinner than it really is. When it's dry, it looks fine.

Thatīs the thing, when anyone wets their hair you can see the roots or hairline easier. Nadal has a tight and strong hairline. Look at his dad as well, heīs got alot of hair for his age. Heīs safe. In order to get a good idea just take a look at siblings or the father.

pound cat
11-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Thatīs the thing, when anyone wets their hair you can see the roots or hairline easier. Nadal has a tight and strong hairline. Look at his dad as well, heīs got alot of hair for his age. Heīs safe. In order to get a good idea just take a look at siblings or the father.

The baldness gene is inherited from the mother's side of the family. His mother's father may be as bald as a billiard ball.

Morrissey
11-16-2007, 07:15 AM
The baldness gene is inherited from the mother's side of the family. His mother's father may be as bald as a billiard ball.

I don't know about that but he looks like his dad more than the mom and if you look at him, his uncle Toni and Miguel Angel they all have hair and strong hairlines. I don't get how quick people are to say he's losing hair when he's obviously not. If Fed parted his hair with a comb down the middle he would have the same hairline. It's called parting the hair to expose a hairline. Have we all gotten used to Joker's "chia pet" hair? That is not normal people. I'm still trying to figure out that furry helmet on his head myself.

superman1
11-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Djokovic's Dad also has that strange hairstyle where the hair is piled up on top and is cut short on the sides. Maybe they think it makes them look taller.

pound cat
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't know about that but he looks like his dad more than the mom and if you look at him, his uncle Toni and Miguel Angel they all have hair and strong hairlines. I don't get how quick people are to say he's losing hair when he's obviously not. If Fed parted his hair with a comb down the middle he would have the same hairline. It's called parting the hair to expose a hairline. Have we all gotten used to Joker's "chia pet" hair? That is not normal people. I'm still trying to figure out that furry helmet on his head myself.

It doesn't matter whether a man looks like his mother or his father. Morrisey, if the men on your side of your mother's family were bald, you too have a greater chance of losing your hair. Hmm, something to look forward to.

Ocean Drive
11-18-2007, 11:56 AM
21 is only "KIND OF" young to have thinning hair?

hahahahahahahahahaha.

That's very young for a guy with decent hair.

Nuke
07-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Old thread, but I definitely thought Nadal looked like he was getting a little light on top against Kiefer yesterday. The part in his hair looked a little wide, and I thought I saw some scalp peeking through on top. Anybody else notice?

oberyn
07-28-2008, 01:33 PM

That's not entirely true.

The two most important factors that determine hair loss are the father and the maternal grandfather.

Both parents contribute and it's a crapshoot (genetics-wise). There's only a 50% chance that Rafa shares an X chromosome with his maternal grandfather, and, even if he does, his father's genes will have a signifcant influence on the future of his hairline, as well.

Not to mention stress, diet, and a whole host of other factors.

Melissa
07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
~GiGGle~John McEnroe~GiGGle~

Clydey2times
07-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I hear you get "baldness" from your mother-side.

That's a myth. It can come from either side.

Clydey2times
07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Old thread, but I definitely thought Nadal looked like he was getting a little light on top against Kiefer yesterday. The part in his hair looked a little wide, and I thought I saw some scalp peeking through on top. Anybody else notice?

Noticed it too. It's not conclusive, but the width of the parting is curious.

rightytopspin79
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Yeah, its getting thinner and thinner.. he should probably start using the rogaine..but I think that might be a banned substance..

Tarsier
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, its getting thinner and thinner.. he should probably start using the rogaine..but I think that might be a banned substance..

Well, from this point we could recreate the half-deleted thread "I hope Nadal doesn't get busted for steroids".:):)

Tarsier
07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, from this point we could recreate the half-deleted thread "I hope Nadal doesn't get busted for steroids".:):)

The "half-deleted thread" got completely deleted. I guess they didn't like the Novak-Rafa picture.:twisted:

Alexio92
07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Is nadal the new davydenko?

Cloudy
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
My grandfather was almost completely bald by 23. Some people just start losing their hair early. I don't doubt that stress plays a part in it, though, also.

My dad had a bald patch at 21. It's not that young for it.

JohnnySpot
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
So....

I guess Nadal is the new Agassi?

:D :D

guernica1
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I hear you get "baldness" from your mother-side. So one can guess if they will go bald by looking at their maternal grandfather. I can't find a pic but there is a pic of Nadal's paternal grandfather and he is thin on top. See pic. So it probably runs in the family.

http://vamosrafael.smugmug.com/photos/24477472-M.jpg

You can get baldness from both sides of your parentage.

Atherton2003
07-29-2008, 05:33 PM
I noticed he had less hair in his armpits but I didn't notice thinning hair on his head.