PDA

View Full Version : Favorite point from Fed vs. Hewitt TMC Final

perfmode
11-22-2004, 08:16 AM
What was your favorite?

My favorite wasn't the longest point in the match but it was just unbelievable.
Fed was serving and the score was 40-0 when Hewitt decided to start coming into the net. He got lucky and managed to go on a two point winning streak. The shots were nice though. One was a great stab, drop volley and the other was a solid putaway. Federer caught on @ 40-30 and decided to make Hewitt look like a fool.
Fed served like normal but when he got a good ball on his BH wing, he decided to slice a crazy BHDTL dropshot from the baseline. Hewitt scurried in after it and hit a great shot BEHIND Fed's feet, just inches from the baseline. Fed magically reached down and flicked a crosscourt BH with crazy angle. Hewitt lunged after it and was able to get a piece of it but sank in right into the bottom of the net.

@wright
11-22-2004, 08:37 AM
I agree that was an impressive point. It's amazing how Federer manages to keep calm and pull out his best stuff on the biggest points. Anyone else would have just tried to smoke it at Hewitt. Federer has such command of the playing area, using angles no one else thinks of.

AAAA
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
I remember that. Hewitt hit a really good drop volley making the crowd roar their approval. Federer gave him a brief 'look' right away as if saying 'that was good but watch this' and then played the point as described.