PDA

View Full Version : Hello Chris of TW - Can you help me out here?

james_R
11-22-2004, 09:58 AM
I was just wondering during your extensive playtest of the RDX500MID, which tension you found to be the lowest you could go while remaining in control? I love the racquet, as I am sure you enjoy yours, but want to add a little more pop as I feel I am not quite getting enough power in my shots unless I have good time to prepare or hit back a short ball. Also what type of string would you recommend, Natural or Synthetic? Thanks!

TW Staff
11-22-2004, 03:19 PM
james_R,
I started out stringing the RDX 500 Mid at 62/60lbs (I think - may have been higher). I'm now down to 58/56 and I'm planning on going 56/54 on my next stringing.
The biggest adjustment for me was on approach shots as I found I was hitting too long at first. I'm really enjoying the feel of the lower tensions, especially on serve and I'm getting a bit more ball speed on both first and second serves.
I'm not sure if I will lower the tension any more than 56/54lbs as only playing will tell.
Whatever you decide, this is the time of year to start making adjustments so you're ready for next year's tournaments.

Thanks,
Chris, TW.

Drizzt
11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Chris, what string are you using in your RDX 500 Mid now?

TW Staff
11-23-2004, 01:20 PM
I currently have one strung with Yonex 850 Spin and one strung with Klip Contender Natural Gut.
I like both strings, but for completely different reasons. The gut has more power and in the RDX just feels fantastically silky and smooth. The 850 Spin offers a crisper feel, and I like the control and spin I find with it.
I will probably try a hybrid of the two in the future, but haven't had the chance recently due to playing a lot with review racquets and not a lot with my own racquets.

Chris, TW.

Power Game
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
one strung with Klip Contender Natural Gut.

Hey. Thatís my string, I named it :D

Drizzt
11-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Speaking of Klip Contender when will TW get this string?

bcaz
11-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I was wondering about the Klip Contender, too. Will TW offer it for sale? A related question: Is the Unique natural gut the same as Klip Contender, or Klip Legend?

TW Staff
11-24-2004, 08:49 AM
A representative from Klip will be here next week and we should have everything sorted then. The Contender string was initially delayed due to a packaging error but is now ready to go.

I'm not sure of the source for Unique Natural Gut.
Chris, TW.

Tennis Guy
11-24-2004, 12:39 PM
one strung with Klip Contender Natural Gut.

Hey. Thatís my string, I named it :D
I remember that contest! Contender's a good name. :D