PDA

View Full Version : Switching racquet, need advice

slamki
11-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, i am now using a head radical flexpoint mid plus 3/8, well i kinnda like it but im sick of it i think its like to heavy and a little bit hard to hit hard altough i am a hard hitter, and also sometimes the belnding of the frame freaks me out, im considering to switch, i am 15, flat serve, baseliner, i saw here in TW the dunlop Mi fil is so cheap, i like the design and i have heard is a good racquet, i was not considering to switch racuet, so i have no money enough for a normal racquet, so because of the value my options are these:

Ntour two
Dunlop m-fil 300
Dunlop m.fil 200

do you think one of those three would be a good change for me?? please help me

snoflewis
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
you're a hard hitter but it's hard to hit hard? ok...there's something wrong with that...secondly, if you want a lighter frame, the mfil200 is completely opposite of what you're looking for. if you want something that has some pop, the mfil300 isnt the right choice either. the ntour 2 is somewhat similar to the fp radical..so i dont know if tha'ts gonna help you either. if you want something w/ more power than your fp radical, look into a lighter, stiffer, larger rackets like the PD. if you wnat something that's cheaper, the prince shark, volkl catapult 8 VE, or even the n6.2 might help you.

slamki
11-18-2007, 07:22 AM
sorry about the writting mistakes it was late and i was sleepy, but you say the mfil 200is heavier, but with the HRF the problem was not the weight by itself its like its heavy but without power at all, for example, the nsix one is way heavy but you can hit really hard with it, so its not the weight, its just that "something"

slamki
11-18-2007, 07:49 AM
sorry i did'nt mean the ntour two, i meant the nsix two, would that one be a good change?, they say it helps you a lot with the serve, and it is nice for me because sometimes all my strokes are perfect but my serve is awful

Jonny S&V
11-18-2007, 07:56 AM
sorry i did'nt mean the ntour two, i meant the nsix two, would that one be a good change?, they say it helps you a lot with the serve, and it is nice for me because sometimes all my strokes are perfect but my serve is awful

Well, I don't know about perfect strokes, but the nTour and nTour 2 are both outstanding tweener racquets, and very easily customized. They are pretty cheap too. I wouldn't go to the M-fil 200 unless you want to go through tennis hades for a couple months (like I did, but now I love it ;) ). The M-fil 300 is also a good racquet and would be a little more easily wielded granted your age (I'm just a little older), and is again easily customized if it becomes too light/head-light/etc... I would either go with the M-fil 300 or the nTour, as both are cheaper ($ wise anyway) and you could "grow" with them.

fuzz nation
11-18-2007, 08:05 AM
If you haven't experimented with different strings, you might be missing out on a much better setup for what you want. If you "kind of like" your frame and want some more life in it, look at the ropes and if you either don't know what they are or you've got some basic, clunky stuff in there, an update could definately help. Let us know what it's strung with if you can tell - you've got options before you go shopping for a different stick.