PDA

View Full Version : POG OS vs. Babolat PD std.

tennisman
03-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Can anyone give any ingsight on how these two play, or even perhaps compare/contrast them? ive finally narrowed it down to these two. Ive never used an oversize before, and i admit that im alittle hesitant. any info would be appreciated.

Steve H.
03-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Very different -- the POG is oversize, heavy, relatively flexible, and stable, for a traditional Eastern to semi-Western all-court approach it's hard to beat. The PD is a midplus, much lighter and stiffer, intended for a "modern" Western topspin baseline game. Both are considered very good at what they do, your choice should probably depend on the kind of player you are.

tennisman
03-20-2004, 07:16 PM
ARRGGH this is frustrating. i cant decide.

kreative
03-21-2004, 12:02 AM
have you demoed them both, i.e. played w/ them? what are your impressions of them? if your decision is just based on specs, they're both defeinitely worth a demo.

Gaines Hillix
03-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Agree with Kreative here....don't buy one of these without demoing them. They are much different. One is very old school feeling. Heavy, flexible, arm friendly, but pretty forgiving(has a higher sweetspot than many old school racquets and with a 107 sq. in. head). The PD feels like a lot of modern frames, IMO. It's relatively stiff and powerful and has kind of a widebody feel to it. But' it's easier to handle and generate racquet head speed with. The PD+ is also a serving machine and good for anyone with a 2 hander.