PDA

View Full Version : Nero Vision Express DVD Burning Problem

bluestreak711
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I have a video file that I want to burn to a dvd .It plays fine in Windows Media Player etc. but when I import it to Nero Vision Express It skips badly.
I have tried all possible combinations of settings and tried converting the file to other file types but I haven't any luck yet.

Please help and thank you in advance.

bluestreak711
11-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Please help.

Mister G
11-23-2007, 03:51 AM
So you burned the DVD already and played it back and it skips?

Or are you trying to watch the video feil in Vision Express and its skipping?

bluestreak711
11-23-2007, 03:16 PM
So you burned the DVD already and played it back and it skips?

Or are you trying to watch the video feil in Vision Express and its skipping?

no i havent burned it to a dvd yet i have tried to watch it in the preview

but i have burned enough dvd's etc that it burns how it preveiws

others when the preview is fine and it burns fine and others when preview isnt fine it doesnt burn fine

Mister G
11-23-2007, 03:56 PM
no i havent burned it to a dvd yet i have tried to watch it in the preview

but i have burned enough dvd's etc that it burns how it preveiws

others when the preview is fine and it burns fine and others when preview isnt fine it doesnt burn fine

I understand. Is the video the same type of file you burn often? (i.e uses same audio/video codecs).

bluestreak711
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I understand. Is the video the same type of file you burn often? (i.e uses same audio/video codecs).

it is the same file extension avi and i converted it to mpg and wmv

and all three are the same

but idk what the codecs are
this file i got from minni nova

Mister G
11-23-2007, 04:39 PM
it is the same file extension avi and i converted it to mpg and wmv

and all three are the same

but idk what the codecs are
this file i got from minni nova

Your Nero could have a problem with just that file, try burning it and then see how your normal DVD player handles it.

bluestreak711
11-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Your Nero could have a problem with just that file, try burning it and then see how your normal DVD player handles it.

nero is the only program i have to burn it with but if i try to use nero and nero can't handle the file like you said it couldnt that also means nero won't know how to convert it correctly to dvd format

Mister G
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
nero is the only program i have to burn it with but if i try to use nero and nero can't handle the file like you said it couldnt that also means nero won't know how to convert it correctly to dvd format

I dont think so. Burning a DVD and using Neros native video player has little to do with each other. Like I said, if you can find out more details about that video file you are trying to burn, it would help.

bluestreak711
11-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I dont think so. Burning a DVD and using Neros native video player has little to do with each other. Like I said, if you can find out more details about that video file you are trying to burn, it would help.

i came up with an idea as well

i have an flv converter so i am going to try to convert the file to flv and then back to avi with the codecs i am certain it should work wither way i will try to burn it and see how it comes out if nothing else i'll free up enough disc space and write the dvd files on my pc and see how it plays and if it plays fine all i have to do is burn it

and thank you for all your help

Mister G
11-24-2007, 06:50 AM
:confused: I didnt do anything?

Good luck nonetheless :)

UW_Husky88
11-24-2007, 08:38 AM
hey, sorry OP if you think I'm highjacking, but I think we both have similar problems. The problem I have is that my .avi files burn fine, but when I play it in the normal DVD player, it freezes at around 25 minutes or so each time, and the DVD becomes unwatchable (because you can't watch it!) from that point on. Any advice as to what I can do?

bluestreak711
11-25-2007, 12:15 AM
hey, sorry OP if you think I'm highjacking, but I think we both have similar problems. The problem I have is that my .avi files burn fine, but when I play it in the normal DVD player, it freezes at around 25 minutes or so each time, and the DVD becomes unwatchable (because you can't watch it!) from that point on. Any advice as to what I can do?

don't worry about it hijack if you want to
i am going to figure my problem out one way or another and get it to burn and maybe whatever solution i find might help you as well

i just hope i figure it soon

bluestreak711
11-25-2007, 10:33 PM

i went a litttle further and burnt my disc and i found out that we do indeed have the same problem

and i have good news and bad news

Good News:
i think i got a lead

i am believing right now that i maybe that i need to install another codec and all should get back to normal and work properly

Bad News:
i have not a clue which one

but i can give you a tip that is time saving (and money)

in nerovision it lets you preview the file so if the file skips in the preview don't burn it if it plays fine in the preview burn it and you should be good to go

so start looking for codecs that might fit this situation and let me know what you turn up with

mucat
11-25-2007, 11:13 PM

It could just be your normal DVD player cannot play that video properly, especially if it plays on your computer but not your DVD player.

Mister G
11-26-2007, 03:36 AM
i am believing right now that i maybe that i need to install another codec and all should get back to normal and work properly

Bad News:
i have not a clue which one

Try the K-lite Codec pack series. Im not sure what version its at now (google it) but they usually cover the whole range of codecs that you need to watch various video clips (including Quicktime/Real Media formats).

bluestreak711
12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Update:

i did the start run msconfig and unchecked everything except my antivirus program

and set the aspect ratio to 16:9 and it helped but still no dice

Gugafan_Redux
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Do you guys have the DVD plug-in for Nero Vision Express? I think it does not come with the basic version of Nero. You have to get the plug-in and install. Check mininova.

Another idea is to open the file in VirtualDub and look at file properties. That will tell you the specs on your audio and video encoding and perhaps tip you off to a codec.

bluestreak711
12-26-2007, 05:37 PM
i found out what was wrong with mine

mine was doing fine for a while and i cant burn any dvd video without skips
my computer is showing its age i got it back in 2001 or 2002

it just dont have enough processing power

it did work for a while but the parts are wearing out just enough where i cant burn video

UW_Husky88

if your computer is a little newer than mine try to reformat it and then reinstall the necessary software and right before you start to burn do a scan disc and defrag

because i got very close it almost didnt skip

but good luck and wish me luck on getting a new pc bc money is very hard to come by